Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Domain Logon Problems

Wireless Domain Logon Problems

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

I am having a problem logging into a computer that has wireless only network
connections. Basically the problem is that the Windows Zero Config (WZC)
utility is not activating and connecting to the wireless access point *prior*
to the logon screen. When a user with a roaming profile tries to logon you
get "The XXX domain is not available".

I am using a wireless nic with the atheros chipset, AR5213A. I am not using
the atheros wireless utility though as I understand that it doesn't work with
pre-login.

The only way I am able to login is to use either a local user created on the
machine or plug a network cable in, log in a user there so that their
credentials become cached, log out, un-plug the network cable and reboot.
That user will be able login in the future without any problems.

What seems to happen is that the WZC utility only activates AFTER login,
which is really dumb, I need to authenticate users with roaming profiles.

Take a look at some of these for some more info:
http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36561
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....post1028706257
http://www.cwnp.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2970

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks