Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Protest Planned

DVD Protest Planned

amelrob@aol.com

On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.

This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
this DVD advertising smut.

Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
these huge fires.

America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.

REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
must get our point across.

SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

tom

The problem for you is that America has never been a decent country.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
> States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
> love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
> advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
>
> This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
> On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
> Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
> build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
> catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
> this DVD advertising smut.
>
> Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
> the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
> neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
> these huge fires.
>
> America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
> Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
>
> REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
> It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
> their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
> legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
> must get our point across.
>
> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

Michael Walker

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
> States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
> love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
> advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
>
> This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
> On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
> Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
> build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
> catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
> this DVD advertising smut.
>
> Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
> the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
> neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
> these huge fires.
>
> America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
> Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
>
> REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
> It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
> their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
> legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
> must get our point across.
>
> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

Instead of doing something incredibly insane as this, how about using your
time for more productive activites, such as protesting that TV stations ruin
the programs they air with popup promos for upcoming airings. Aim for the
return of bumpers at the beginning and end of each commercial block with the
promos there and the return of *nothing* over a program except for a
transparent logo (so the picture and any subtitles can be read instead of
covered)!

FredBillie

<< rom: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 12:19 AM

On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.

This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
this DVD advertising smut.

Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
these huge fires.

America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.

REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
must get our point across.

SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.
>><BR><BR>

Gee, I wish I could join you in your effort but the local regulations and
pollution laws (you know about those, don’t you?) Prevent me from doing what
you suggest.

Kevin Scholl

Heh heh. I like him ... he's silly.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
> States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
> love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
> advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
>
> This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
> On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
> Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
> build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
> catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
> this DVD advertising smut.
>
> Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
> the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
> neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
> these huge fires.
>
> America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
> Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
>
> REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
> It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
> their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
> legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
> must get our point across.
>
> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/
(E-Mail Removed)
Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
the dreams...

David Beamish

in a half shell:

> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

I didnt think you liked calling them DVDs?

jgb

so tell me now... how more dumb can you be?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
> States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
> love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
> advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
>
> This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
> On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
> Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
> build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
> catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
> this DVD advertising smut.
>
> Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
> the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
> neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
> these huge fires.
>
> America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
> Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
>
> REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
> It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
> their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
> legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
> must get our point across.
>
> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

Grand Inquisitor

I have a pan and scan version of the Ron Howard Grinch movie, you can
burn that if you want. Oh wait, it's a gift, I shouldn't do that.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Richard C.

"FredBillie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

: Gee, I wish I could join you in your effort but the local regulations and
: pollution laws (you know about those, don't you?) Prevent me from doing what
: you suggest.

==============
As does sanity.

Wade365

But I LIKE being a corporate tool... I like tits on my TV, thank you very
much... I like smut, I live in filth... it's AMERICA you FOOL! Come, join the
wallow!

Oink! Snort! More TITS!!! PENETRATION!!! SELL ME USELESS SHITE!!!

"Boooooorrrrn in the USA, I was... BOOOOOOOORRRRRRNNN... in the
YEEEWWWW-EESSSSS-AAAAYYYYY, I was... B-"

I love the internet!

~Wade~

- "Come father, let us sew soccer balls in Afghanistan!" (Tom Green, Patriotic
Canadian)