Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Gigli DVD review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET!

Reply
Thread Tools

Gigli DVD review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET!

 
 
Writer R5
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
Here is my DVD review of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment's "Gigli" at GENRE
ONLINE.NET:

http://www.genreonline.net/Gigli_DVD.html

Please drop by and visit... Thank you.
GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Scot Gardner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning a
gay guy straight."


It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.

James Bond appealed to Pussy Galore's maternal instincts.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Justin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
Scot Gardner wrote on [Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:13:07 -0800]:
> "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning a
> gay guy straight."
>
>
> It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.
>
> James Bond appealed to Pussy Galore's maternal instincts.
>


is this in relation to Gigli, or Chasing Amy, where Ben does it there,
too?
 
Reply With Quote
 
ominousspiritous
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Scot Gardner wrote on [Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:13:07 -0800]:
> > "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> > turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning a
> > gay guy straight."



Now if only he could turn himself or Jennifer Lopez into actors. =)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dick Justice
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003

"ominousspiritous"
<o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaa fsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at654t
biYOURCLOTHEaaaaaaaaaSfds.c321om> wrote in message
news:Vwrzb.293963$275.1014654@attbi_s53...
>
> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> > Scot Gardner wrote on [Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:13:07 -0800]:
> > > "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> > > turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning

a
> > > gay guy straight."

>
>
> Now if only he could turn himself or Jennifer Lopez into actors. =)



LMAO!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Stan Brown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
In article <20031203131024.501$(E-Mail Removed)> in
alt.video.dvd, Scot Gardner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
>turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning a
>gay guy straight."
>
>
>It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.


Why go that far? Look at /Chasing Amy/, a Ben Affleck movie!

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cortland County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com
DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/tech/faqget.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Scot Gardner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <20031203131024.501$(E-Mail Removed)> in
> alt.video.dvd, Scot Gardner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> >turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman
> >turning a gay guy straight."
> >
> >
> >It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.

>
> Why go that far? Look at /Chasing Amy/, a Ben Affleck movie!



Actually, I was trying to think of the first time that this lesbian
conversion theme was played out in a major motion picture.

I believe that _Goldfinger_ is a strong contender for this honor.

Honor Blackman, that is.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Writer R5
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
>Why go that far? Look at /Chasing Amy/, a Ben Affleck movie!
>


I don't think Amy changed so much as they had their thing and by the end it was
over. Maybe I'm wrong cause I have not seen it in years, but Chasing Amy was a
much better film than Gigli anyway. No comparison.


GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Matthew L. Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2003
Scot Gardner wrote:

> "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman turning a
> gay guy straight."
>
>
> It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.
>
> James Bond appealed to Pussy Galore's maternal instincts.


Scot, you are a moron1 But we knew that.

A plot point from a 1960's action/fantasy movie does not represent
reality. Except, perhaps, in your world.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Scot Gardner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2003
"Matthew L. Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Scot Gardner wrote:
>
> > "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > From the _Gigli_ "review" article: The idea that a "straight guy can
> > turn a lesbian's preferences around are as unlikely as a woman
> > turning a gay guy straight."
> >
> >
> > It's happened before. Check out _Goldfinger_.
> >
> > James Bond appealed to Pussy Galore's maternal
> > instincts.

>
> Scot, you are a moron1 But we knew that.
>
> A plot point from a 1960's action/fantasy movie does
> not represent reality. Except, perhaps, in your world.
>
> Matthew



The only one talking about reality here is you. The rest of us were
discussing movies.

Jeez. Just when I thought that you and Saint Norm had run off together,
you pop up again.

What an ignorant twerp.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Gigli: From Theater to DVD Record? Phil7101 DVD Video 4 08-04-2003 08:29 PM
Re: Gigli: From Theater to DVD Record? Scot Gardner DVD Video 0 08-04-2003 02:43 PM
Re: Gigli: From Theater to DVD Record? Peter DVD Video 0 08-03-2003 10:11 PM
Re: Gigli: From Theater to DVD Record? BubbCoop DVD Video 0 08-03-2003 06:49 PM
Re: Gigli: From Theater to DVD Record? Mischa van Dinter DVD Video 2 08-03-2003 09:02 AM



Advertisments