Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > i want to get a 32" Sony KV-32HS510 TV

i want to get a 32" Sony KV-32HS510 TV

rob

anyone have this and can vouch for this, or a model that is just a sony
killer for the same price, approx 11-1200?

thanks!!

Rob

Sabado

I bought one a month ago and am very pleased with it. It is a great
comprimise. Since Comcast has only a handful of channels on HDTV
right now, having a set that displays 4:3 and 16:9 nicely was
important to me. I also bought a Philips and Samsung 30" widescreen
HDTV and took both of them back to the store inside of a week for
quality issues displaying current 4:3 content "and" poor color, white
balance, and resolution issues.

This Sony is sharp as a tack, does wonderful with 16:9 movies on
progressive DVD, has a very nice sound capability in addition to my
home theatre, and...well I can't say much more...it's a Sony!

My next TV will definitely be a 16:9 screen. Until then, this will do
just fine.

LASERandDVDfan

>This Sony is sharp as a tack, does wonderful with 16:9 movies on
>progressive DVD, has a very nice sound capability in addition to my
>home theatre, and...well I can't say much more...it's a Sony!

To some people here, the comment "It's a Sony" is more like a curse than a
compliment.

However, I myself don't understand why.

I've been using Sony video monitors and televisions for quite a few years and
they've always delivered superior performance. When you get them calibrated
properly, stand back 'cause the picture quality will blow you away. There's a
reason why Sony displays are used professionally more than just about any other
display from Panasonic, JVC, Ikegami, and Proton.

Aperture grille tubes kill invar shadow mask tubes in overall performance, and
Trinitron is no exception. The other aperture grille tube is Mitsubishi's
Diamondtron, but those have been used exclusively for computer monitors and
Mitsubishi TVs are junk compared to Sony anyways, according to repair
experience. - Reinhart