Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > If it ONLY lists Widescreen, does it mean (that) DVD has NO Std. 4:3 TV display option?

If it ONLY lists Widescreen, does it mean (that) DVD has NO Std. 4:3 TV display option?

Richard C.

"Waterperson77" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >original
: >posters argument obviously doesn't even apply to Academy ratio movies
: >shot prior to 1954 as there aren't any widescreen versions of those
: >movies in the first place.
: >--
:
: such as there's no such thing as the widescreen versions of "The
Wizard of Oz"
: (Judy Garlund version) and "Fantasia".
:
: But since widescreen versions of those were shown at movie theatres
(even
: though they were filmd in Academy Ratio) and widescreen versions of
those don't
: exist,
:
: then the movie theatres that showed them don't exist either.
:
: After all, how could they show something that soesn't exist?
:
: And since they did show them, and they don't exist, then those movie
theatres
: don't exist either.
:
: even though many people have went to those movie theatres and saw
those
: versions of the movies.
:
Those are not "widescreen versions" of the movies...
They are butchered and cropped versions of the movies.

No real widescreen versions actually exist[ed].