Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Warning: HKFLIX

Warning: HKFLIX

Wade365

<< I was looking for a Taiwanese movie called Yi Yi, on the Korean R3 disc. >>

YEP... sounds hard to find alright!!!

Thanks, I always wonder what other people are ordering from Hong Kong... I have
seen some really great movies since I got out of the Region-1 prison!

Mobutu

Mobutu wrote:

> Has anyone recieved an order from these people recently? I
> ordered something from them a month ago and have heard
> nothing from them. Luckily they have not charged me yet.
>
> I would advise no-one to use this incompetent online
> store. Their attitude is clearly visible in their order
> confirmation email:
>
> "Please DO NOT contact us to request the status of
> your order unless you urgently need to change something.
> This will only delay
> your order from shipping. "
>
> What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
> contact them?

Follow up -

They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time.

Wade365

<< Follow up -

They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time. >>

I've been watching this all the way... didn't someone say that cancelling an
order makes this company ship it immediately? That's too funny that they're
following suit... sorry you're having difficulty by the way... I know how it
feels to have an order snafu... after two months of badgering amazon I finally
got my money back from a third-party seller for an OOP copy of "Dog Soldiers"
that never came (which has since been re-released, wooHOO! But the seller
claimed to have shipped it, called me a liar... it got ugly).

Hope it arrives without incident! And in the future, try Hivizone.com (I'm sure
I jammed that info down your throat before)... they've been excellent to me!

marcel

"Mobutu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mobutu wrote:
>
> > Has anyone recieved an order from these people recently? I
> > ordered something from them a month ago and have heard
> > nothing from them. Luckily they have not charged me yet.
> >
> > I would advise no-one to use this incompetent online
> > store. Their attitude is clearly visible in their order
> > confirmation email:
> >
> > "Please DO NOT contact us to request the status of
> > your order unless you urgently need to change something.
> > This will only delay
> > your order from shipping. "
> >
> > What kind of store demands that it's customers don't
> > contact them?

> Follow up -
>
> They now say they will ship my DVD in a few days time.

My follow up - they say the disc I ordered is still out of stock with their
supplier - I've since cancelled my order...

Kevin Hendrikssen

"marcel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd1b486$0$25667$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> My follow up - they say the disc I ordered is still out of stock with

their
> supplier - I've since cancelled my order...

After waiting for ever, making an enquiry which got no response, and waiting
even longer, I cancelled my order with them and got an automated response
saying I'd hear from them within two days -- and still never got a response.

I was kinda hoping the cancellation would spur them into shipping my order,
unfortunately not.

These guys truly suck. How hard could it possibly be to ship a single DVD?

Kevin Hendrikssen

"marcel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd1ccbf$0$25665$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Kevin Hendrikssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > These guys truly suck. How hard could it possibly be to ship a single

DVD?

> It's a shame as they have some great stuff on their site that I haven't

seen
> elsewhere...

I know... I ordered UROTSUKIDOJI: PERFECT COLLECTION from them because the
price was good ($US29.95 for the 2 disc set) and better because it's
apparantly the totally uncut version, unlike the European release and -- I
believe -- the R4 release.

<sigh>

marcel

"Kevin Hendrikssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd1b5e8$0$1724$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> "marcel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd1b486$0$25667$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > My follow up - they say the disc I ordered is still out of stock with

> their
> > supplier - I've since cancelled my order...

> After waiting for ever, making an enquiry which got no response, and

waiting
> even longer, I cancelled my order with them and got an automated response
> saying I'd hear from them within two days -- and still never got a

response.

> I was kinda hoping the cancellation would spur them into shipping my

order,
> unfortunately not.
>
> These guys truly suck. How hard could it possibly be to ship a single DVD?

It's a shame as they have some great stuff on their site that I haven't seen
elsewhere...

ruffbean ruffbean is offline
Junior Member

Does anyone have a phone number to contact HKflix? Like others, I am waiting on an order that hasn't shown up.