Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Tarkovsky R1 DVDs, any good?

Tarkovsky R1 DVDs, any good?

Grand Inquisitor

I know the Criterion ones are good, but what about the other ones, like
The Stalker and The Mirror? Some of them are pretty expensive, and I'd
hate to waste money.
and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Jay G

"Grand Inquisitor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> I know the Criterion ones are good, but what about the other ones, like
> The Stalker and The Mirror? Some of them are pretty expensive, and I'd
> hate to waste money.

The Stalker DVD transfer is the same as from the RUSCICO DVD.
That is, it's very good. The 5.1 audio remix is largely considered
a mess, since it adds in a lot of new sounds and omits some others.
Luckily, the R1 also contains the original mono track.

-Jay