Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Please STOP calling them DVDs

Please STOP calling them DVDs

Mischa van Dinter

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:03:13 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 03:29:51 GMT, Grand Inquisitor
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>DVD? I remember it being "digital video disc" when it was in the
>>prototype stage, shortly after they stopped calling it MMCD.

>There you go. They were called MMCD, which would have been perfectly
>acceptable, but some pervert changed the name, because sex sells.
>These advertisers will do anything to make a buck, and this is
>blatently obvious in this case.

Are you kidding? MMCD?! That reminds me of MixaMatosis CD, a sexually
transmitted disease on a compact disc? You sicko! Have you no feelings
for the poor rabbits? You are a monster!

Mischa

Mischa van Dinter

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:48:24 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD
>>
>>Now how's that for perverted? ;-p - Reinhart

>So why dont they just call them DD's then.

DD?! That sounds sexist, pervert! What about all the women who
involuntarily have huge breasts and need to wear big uncomfortable
sweaters? Have you no feelings, you cold-hearted beast? Need they be
reminded of their hadicap in every audiovideo store they enter?

Mischa

Giovanni

"Animeg3282" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >what a load of sh**! This is the type of idiot that is screwing up

this
> >country by trying to make everything politically correct!

> Politically Correct and PC no longer have actual meanings. Maybe you

could say
> it's 'things that right wingers don't like', but even that's a

strecth.

Maybe we could keep the acronym and use it for Personally Covered in
future?

profft

Cause when I see DD's I think double D-cups

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 29 Nov 2003 03:12:04 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (LASERandDVDfan)
> wrote:

<snip>
> So why dont they just call them DD's then.? (correct puntuation amrk

added)
<snip>

Tim Payne

Well then, I guess the upcoming Digital-Audio Improved Disc's (D-AID's) will
make your head explode!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please STOP calling them DVDs
>
> The correct term is "Digital Video Disk" Please refer to them using
> these complete words. I am tired of hearing DVD all the time. It
> only makes me think of the sexual disease VD. I dont want to keep
> thinking of that. Whoever named these things DVD must have been a
> pervert. PLEASE do NOT call them DVDs anymore.
>
> They are "Digital Video Disks", and that is what they should be
> called. The term DVD must be removed.
>
> Thank You
> Amel Robertson

PJ\(the original\)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please STOP calling them DVDs

Whoever named these things DVD must have been a
> pervert. PLEASE do NOT call them DVDs anymore.
> >> Thank You

> Amel Robertson

what about dvd audio discs? they are DVD-A discs which is also an acronym
for double vagina double anal! ooooh thats gotta hurt! and u thought "dvd"
was perverted!
p.s. sorry to hear of your s.t.d's

Richard C.

:
: The correct term is "Digital Video Disk" Please refer to them using
: these complete words. I am tired of hearing DVD all the time. It
: only makes me think of the sexual disease VD. I dont want to keep
: thinking of that. Whoever named these things DVD must have been a
: pervert. PLEASE do NOT call them DVDs anymore.
:
: They are "Digital Video Disks", and that is what they should be
: called. The term DVD must be removed.
:
==================
And you are WRONG!

They are now officially DVD. Period. No other meaning intended.

Are you sensitive because of your disease?

Richard C.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

: . They know that sex sells, even if it's a sexual
: disease they are making fun of

=====================
You are the ONLY person who thinks of sex when discussing DVDs.

Richard C.

"Animeg3282" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >
: >what a load of sh**! This is the type of idiot that is screwing up this
: >country by trying to make everything politically correct!
:
: Politically Correct and PC no longer have actual meanings. Maybe you could say
: it's 'things that right wingers don't like', but even that's a strecth.

=====================
It is LEFT wingers that are demanding PC terms.

William Echevarria

Following this person's advice, I will start to call my DVD's by the
following names:
1. Brenda (nice girl's name and DVD's are nice to us too)
2. Brandon ( in case you are a girl and own discs)
3. Amazing Image Digital Stuff or A.I.D.S. as in: "I heard you got the new
Terminator AIDS"
4. Total Image Transmitters or "T.I.T.'s" as in: "I see you have some nice
TIT's"
5. Astounding Signal Senders or "A.S.S." as in: I'm going to the store and
get me some new ASS.
Any other suggestions???????????

"(E-Mail Removed) Gave us: