Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Panasonic E80 Question(s)

Panasonic E80 Question(s)

Darth Leppard

i am planning on purchasing a panasonic dmr-e80h and had a couple of
questions. i have a sony sat-a65a directv receiver. it has a rf
remote. does the e80 use a rf or ir remote? will i be able to use
the remote record feature of my dtv receiver to automatically turn the
e80 on and record a tv show as it does with my vcr? are there any
other recorders on the market from other manufacturers that include a
hd and are recommended? any other opinions are appreciated!

thanks

Chew ML

should go for E100, just brought 1 and the results are very good

"Darth Leppard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i am planning on purchasing a panasonic dmr-e80h and had a couple of
> questions. i have a sony sat-a65a directv receiver. it has a rf
> remote. does the e80 use a rf or ir remote? will i be able to use
> the remote record feature of my dtv receiver to automatically turn the
> e80 on and record a tv show as it does with my vcr? are there any
> other recorders on the market from other manufacturers that include a
> hd and are recommended? any other opinions are appreciated!
>
> thanks

Billybob

I, too, just bought a Panasonic DVR-E80 HS and I would like to know the
answers to Darth's questions, if anyone knows.

Thanks anyone!

Bill

mikey

Page 6 should answer the question. The remote needs to be in front of the
unit no more than 23 feet away.

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMa...ual.asp?Pass=2

"Darth Leppard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i am planning on purchasing a panasonic dmr-e80h and had a couple of
> questions. i have a sony sat-a65a directv receiver. it has a rf
> remote. does the e80 use a rf or ir remote? will i be able to use
> the remote record feature of my dtv receiver to automatically turn the
> e80 on and record a tv show as it does with my vcr? are there any
> other recorders on the market from other manufacturers that include a
> hd and are recommended? any other opinions are appreciated!
>
> thanks

pe

"mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Page 6 should answer the question. The remote needs to be in front of the
> unit no more than 23 feet away.
>
> http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMa...ual.asp?Pass=2

Using this link, there are 441 pages. Are you sure it's page 6?