Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best BRICK and MORTAR pricing?

Best BRICK and MORTAR pricing?

sireltonjohn@yahoo.com

From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .

Does anyone else concur??

i.e. Bruce Almighty and X2 for $14.87 . . . .

Derek Janssen

> From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
>
> Does anyone else concur??

Actually, I've found Home Depot's prices for brick and mortar were
cheaper...

Derek Janssen (and don't forget the specials on indoor plumbing!)
(E-Mail Removed)

Dick Sidbury

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
>
> Does anyone else concur??
>
> i.e. Bruce Almighty and X2 for $14.87 . . . .

BA was 14.99 at cc, 15.99 at BB
X2 was 14.99 at cc, 17.99 at BB
X complete was 25.87 at WM and 29.99 at CC and BB

So I bought them all at BB. Price match less 10% of difference and I
could use ny reward zone card.

dick
-- and I just went in and told them the prices (with no ads in my hand)

madkevin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
>
> Does anyone else concur??
>
> i.e. Bruce Almighty and X2 for $14.87 . . . .

I realize I'm simply crazy for doing this, but I will commonly buy movies
through my local indie video store even though they tend to be slightly more
expensive than the big chains. This way, I do my little bit to ensure that the
cool indie video store stays open and I never, ever, ever, ever have to walk
into a Blockbuster or a Wal-Mart ever again.

I know, I know - I'm a terrible consumer.

Kevin "Smash Your Head On The Punk Rock!" Cogliano

Rich Clark

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
>
> Does anyone else concur??

Wal-Mart prices vary by location. The more competition an individual store
has, the lower its prices. My nearby Wal-Mart serves neighborhoods with no
other large discount stores, and therefore makes no effort to compete with
Best Buy or the others.

I understand that people who live in more rural areas, where their Super
Wal-Mart (whatever they call them) may be the only big store in the whole
county, pay even higher prices after the Wal-Mart has managed to drive all
the smaller stores out of business.

RichC

JR

My Best Buy (Greenville, NC) had Bruce Almighty and X2 at $30 for the pair

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
>
> Does anyone else concur??
>
> i.e. Bruce Almighty and X2 for $14.87 . . . .

3W

"madkevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know, I know - I'm a terrible consumer.

No, you're an inefficient consumer. The money you pay extra, could have been
spent on other goods, helping other businesses. So you are in fact, hurting
the economy.

Tarkus

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:41:22 -0500, Dick Sidbury wrote:

> BA was 14.99 at cc, 15.99 at BB
> X2 was 14.99 at cc, 17.99 at BB
> X complete was 25.87 at WM and 29.99 at CC and BB
>
> So I bought them all at BB. Price match less 10% of difference and I
> could use ny reward zone card.

I thought the 10% was only for stuff you had already bought, and was
getting your difference refund.

> -- and I just went in and told them the prices (with no ads in my hand)

Cool. I know Fry's does that, but I didn't know BB would. Did you take
your items to customer service as opposed to a regular checker?
--
"Klaatu borada nikto."

Now playing: "Stevie Ray Vaughan And Doubl.. - Lenny"

profft

Goodone

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq4bps$d12$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > From what I can tell Wal-Mart seems to still have the newest releases
> > a dollar or two below Best Buy, Circuit City etc . . . .
> >
> > Does anyone else concur??

> Actually, I've found Home Depot's prices for brick and mortar were
> cheaper...
>
> Derek Janssen (and don't forget the specials on indoor plumbing!)
> (E-Mail Removed)

Dick Sidbury

Tarkus wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:41:22 -0500, Dick Sidbury wrote:
>

>>BA was 14.99 at cc, 15.99 at BB
>>X2 was 14.99 at cc, 17.99 at BB
>>X complete was 25.87 at WM and 29.99 at CC and BB
>>
>>So I bought them all at BB. Price match less 10% of difference and I
>>could use ny reward zone card.

> I thought the 10% was only for stuff you had already bought, and was
> getting your difference refund.

No, at least at my bestbuy they will give the difference as a reward for
buying it from them at the time of the original purchase.

>>-- and I just went in and told them the prices (with no ads in my hand)

> Cool. I know Fry's does that, but I didn't know BB would. Did you take
> your items to customer service as opposed to a regular checker?

yes the downside is taking it to customer service which usually adds 5
minutes to the checkout time. And also I think that they will demand
proof if the price difference is too great.

dick