Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Amazon.FR question

Amazon.FR question

Mark L.

I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to try to
buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are sites
that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could venture a link
to one of them

-----
"It's a higher power telling me, through Bunnies,
that we're all going to die"!!!! Oh God....
-----

Mark L.
IM:WillowsBandCamp

David Beamish

Just turn the chair, and grow Mark L. hair

> I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to
> try to
> buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
> sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
> venture a link to one of them

babelfish.altavista.com

but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might require
you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

Mr Muckle

"David Beamish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns943F74E58DF62meprivacynet120@130.133.1.4.. .
> Just turn the chair, and grow Mark L. hair
>
> > I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to
> > try to
> > buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
> > sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
> > venture a link to one of them
> >

> babelfish.altavista.com
>
> but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might

require
> you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

It's actually pretty simple to order for any of the Europe-based Amazon's.
The
layout/format is identical to the US site. Simply place the item(s) in your
cart,
enter your usual Amazon.com username/password, pick the CC that is in your
Amazon checkout account, pick the shipping method(Standard or Express),
and click the order button. Done. For orders I placed, and had shipped via
"Standard" to my US address, all arrived inside of 10 days. If you choose
"Express", make sure a physical street address is used, not a PO Box. If you
have a P O Box, it's fine for the Standard delivery.

terry king

In article <Xns943F74E58DF62meprivacynet120@130.133.1.4>, David Beamish
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mark L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have been on the Amazon.FR site recently and have wanted to try to
> > buy from them. My French is not that good. I've heard the there are
> > sites that can translate the text. I was wondering if anyone could
> > venture a link to one of them

> babelfish.altavista.com
>
> but i dont think it does secure sites so the ordering process might
> require you to jsut copy/paste the text manually..

For security reasons, Babelfish won't take you past your shopping cart.
Drop stuff in your cart, close the Babelfish window, go back to Amazon
in a new window, and hit the cart icon. Your items should be waiting.
From there on out, it's laid out like the other Amazons (the "aide"
page has a "Help in English" link, which gives shipping options).

| The bookish fantasize about leather as much as the
Terry King | next man (or woman), though that leather is, of
preacher mit edu | course, liable to be a full morocco binding, with
| blind-stamped decorations and a hubbed spine.
- Michael Dirda
GSS/H v3.0 c++@ W++ N+++ M+$ t+ 5++ X++ R* b+++ DI++++ x? <*>
DNRC: Sublime Guardian of Paradox, Anachronism, and the Absurd