Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unable to renew IP address/unable to connect to wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzZXlCb3k=?=

Also, "Limited or No Connectivity"

These are the messages I get when i try connecting to my wireless router D
-Link 2200BG. My operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Initially my network set up was: no main computer, merely Modem to Router;
signal from Router which would be picked up by my laptop. Worked fine until
I loaded some software (PC Rescue) to rid me of some unwanted programmes etc.

Any advice on how I can restore my network to what i had originally would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

Getting "Rid" of some software might "mess up" the Network settings.

It is hard to guess where.

In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
these steps.
Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the drivers are installed correctly; there is No IRQ
conflict, and No Ghost installation. http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
Step Two Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify
If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
functionally it does not work.
Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
instructions for Windows Network Installation -
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...