Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > FA Ichi the Killer Region 3 NTSC DVD

FA Ichi the Killer Region 3 NTSC DVD

Orlando

Hi,

Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
Starting price only $1.99.

Title: ICHI THE KILLER DVD MIIKE (NTSC REGION 3)
Item # : The item number for your new listing is 3366086077.

thanks

Orlando

Mischa van Dinter

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:18:26 -0500, "Orlando" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
>Starting price only $1.99.

Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
justice.

Mischa

terry king

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mischa van
Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

"Orlando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
> >Starting price only $1.99.
> >

> Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
> version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
> free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
> justice.

For those who might be interested - the uncut R1 disc just came out,
though the supply from Media Blasters appears to be problematic. I got
my copy from DVD Pacific last week, but they now list it as on order,
as do the other online retailers I spot-checked. It isn't just this
title, either; the Berserk box appears to have been pushed back a
month.

Terry King | The Celts sacked Rome before it became
preacher mit edu | a competitive event. - Curt Marcus

GSS/H v3.0 c++@ W++ N+++ M+$ t+ 5++ X++ R* b+++ DI++++ x? <*>
DNRC: Sublime Guardian of Paradox, Anachronism, and the Absurd

Aaron R. Schnuth

"terry king" <(E-Mail Removed)0SP4M.edu> wrote in message
news:251120031121343283%(E-Mail Removed)0SP4M.edu...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mischa van
> Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> "Orlando" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
> > >Starting price only $1.99.
> > >

> > Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
> > version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
> > free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
> > justice.

> For those who might be interested - the uncut R1 disc just came out,
> though the supply from Media Blasters appears to be problematic. I got
> my copy from DVD Pacific last week, but they now list it as on order,
> as do the other online retailers I spot-checked. It isn't just this
> title, either; the Berserk box appears to have been pushed back a
> month.

No way! Thanks for the heads up on this. I had no idea it was going to
be released domestically. I've been interested in this film, so I'll keep
an eye out for the DVD. Now we just need to get Battle Royale released over
here....

Aaron

Mischa van Dinter

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:09:34 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No way! Thanks for the heads up on this. I had no idea it was going to
>be released domestically. I've been interested in this film, so I'll keep
>an eye out for the DVD. Now we just need to get Battle Royale released over
>here....

Bought that from Hong Kong ages ago. I am just waiting for the DVD
release of Battle Royale II!

When I saw the posters in the Tokyo subway, I wanted to see the movie
even though I do not speak Japanese very well. I loved the first one!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br1.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br2.jpg

Mischa

Aaron R. Schnuth

"Mischa van Dinter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:09:34 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Bought that from Hong Kong ages ago. I am just waiting for the DVD
> release of Battle Royale II!

Me too. But I'd love a R1 release of the Special Edition.

> When I saw the posters in the Tokyo subway, I wanted to see the movie
> even though I do not speak Japanese very well. I loved the first one!
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br1.jpg
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br2.jpg

Nice pics! Looks like the Japanese R2 release will be out next month,
so hopefully a good korean or HK release with english subtitles isn't too
far behind.

Aaron

Mischa van Dinter

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:38:14 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Looks like the Japanese R2 release will be out next month,
>so hopefully a good korean or HK release with english subtitles isn't too
>far behind.
>
>Aaron

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I will be watching for that one!

Mischa

How can I convert a NTSC region 1 to PAL Region 2? kaston3 DVD Video 0 12-25-2006 07:12 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
ichi the killer unrated vs. director cut rob DVD Video 0 11-04-2003 05:44 AM