Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Using player too much?

Using player too much?

Jamal Chapultapec

If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I end up
cutting its life in half?

Aaron J. Bossig

> If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I
> end up cutting its life in half?

It's a mechanical device with moving parts. Any use of any kind
will theoretically shorten its life. Having said that, if your player
is from a reputable manufacturer, it will probably become obsolete before
you need to have it repaired.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.daily-reviews.com

kaboom

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:04:23 GMT, Jamal Chapultapec <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>If I use my DVD player to both watch DVDs AND listen to CDs, will I end up
>cutting its life in half?

**I did this also with my player. I used it all the time to play CDs.
Oddly, a few years later, it started to refuse to read any CD I put in
it. It still plays DVDs just fine so I bought a CD player for my CDs.

kaboomie