Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking Problems

Wireless Networking Problems

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

Hi to you all

I have an Acer 1691 with SignalUp antenna, and I am using a Belkin 54g Modem
Router
Recently I have been hving problems keeping a connection to the internet so
I ran the EVENT VIEWER and I am regularly receiving the following messages

1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip because
a master browser was stopped.
2) Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address (not posted here) on
the Network Card with network address (not posted here)
3) Listen failed: 23: The ncb_lana_num member did not specify a valid
network number.
4) Listen failed :15 netdde
The computer was expecting data from another computer but has not received
it. Either the other computer is not sending, or the thread on this computer
that listens for data has encountered an error.

The above are just a selection of errors in the event viewer, I have
restored my laptop with the recovery disks and also reset router to no avail

Hope someone can help
Regards

--
Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

just to add I also regulary get this message -
IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
further diagnose the problem.
--
Rob M

"Rob M" wrote:

> Hi to you all
>
> I have an Acer 1691 with SignalUp antenna, and I am using a Belkin 54g Modem
> Router
> Recently I have been hving problems keeping a connection to the internet so
> I ran the EVENT VIEWER and I am regularly receiving the following messages
>
> 1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip because
> a master browser was stopped.
> 2) Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address (not posted here) on
> the Network Card with network address (not posted here)
> 3) Listen failed: 23: The ncb_lana_num member did not specify a valid
> network number.
> 4) Listen failed :15 netdde
> The computer was expecting data from another computer but has not received
> it. Either the other computer is not sending, or the thread on this computer
> that listens for data has encountered an error.
>
> The above are just a selection of errors in the event viewer, I have
> restored my laptop with the recovery disks and also reset router to no avail
>
> Hope someone can help
> Regards
>

> --
> Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

just got this message now -
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the
DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0012F0C17865. The
following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to
try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

AND
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
Message: The browser has forced an election on network %1 because a master
browser was stopped.

Explanation
The network must have a master browser.

--
Rob M

"Rob M" wrote:

> just to add I also regulary get this message -
> IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
> interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
> machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
> desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
> further diagnose the problem.
> --
> Rob M
>

> "Rob M" wrote:
>
> > Hi to you all
> >
> > I have an Acer 1691 with SignalUp antenna, and I am using a Belkin 54g Modem
> > Router
> > Recently I have been hving problems keeping a connection to the internet so
> > I ran the EVENT VIEWER and I am regularly receiving the following messages
> >
> > 1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip because
> > a master browser was stopped.
> > 2) Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address (not posted here) on
> > the Network Card with network address (not posted here)
> > 3) Listen failed: 23: The ncb_lana_num member did not specify a valid
> > network number.
> > 4) Listen failed :15 netdde
> > The computer was expecting data from another computer but has not received
> > it. Either the other computer is not sending, or the thread on this computer
> > that listens for data has encountered an error.
> >
> > The above are just a selection of errors in the event viewer, I have
> > restored my laptop with the recovery disks and also reset router to no avail
> >
> > Hope someone can help
> > Regards
> >

> > --
> > Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

ME AGAIN

I have disabled firewall and its still keeps disconnecting, so I have just
borrowed a network adaptor and put it on my spare machine and this is
connecting fine and staying online so it looks like router is okay ??? just
need help with laptop settings

--
Rob M

"Rob M" wrote:

> just to add I also regulary get this message -
> IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network
> interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the
> machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as
> desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
> further diagnose the problem.
> --
> Rob M
>

> "Rob M" wrote:
>
> > Hi to you all
> >
> > I have an Acer 1691 with SignalUp antenna, and I am using a Belkin 54g Modem
> > Router
> > Recently I have been hving problems keeping a connection to the internet so
> > I ran the EVENT VIEWER and I am regularly receiving the following messages
> >
> > 1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip because
> > a master browser was stopped.
> > 2) Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address (not posted here) on
> > the Network Card with network address (not posted here)
> > 3) Listen failed: 23: The ncb_lana_num member did not specify a valid
> > network number.
> > 4) Listen failed :15 netdde
> > The computer was expecting data from another computer but has not received
> > it. Either the other computer is not sending, or the thread on this computer
> > that listens for data has encountered an error.
> >
> > The above are just a selection of errors in the event viewer, I have
> > restored my laptop with the recovery disks and also reset router to no avail
> >
> > Hope someone can help
> > Regards
> >

> > --
> > Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?bWUyMDA1?=

Have you checked with your ISP to see wheather your laptop is getting a good
IP, If not try putting in an IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask and DHCP manually from
your Internet Provider, ISP's monitor MAC addresses and will deny internet
access if the MAC you send and the one they have on record dont match.
If it wont renenw your IP disable your connection and try enabling it again,
(have you tried the realease and renew through DOS instead of using the
internet properties? that sometimes works)

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

Thanks for the reply
I have to be honest, I am not sure what im doing with IP's, I have just
disabled the internal network card and installed the belkin usb and this is
working fine, I have checked the router settings and the mac filtering is
switched off

By putting in different network adaptor it changed the IP address, is the ip
address unique to the adaptor then ??
--
Rob M

"me2005" wrote:

> Have you checked with your ISP to see wheather your laptop is getting a good
> IP, If not try putting in an IP, Gateway, Subnet Mask and DHCP manually from
> your Internet Provider, ISP's monitor MAC addresses and will deny internet
> access if the MAC you send and the one they have on record dont match.
> If it wont renenw your IP disable your connection and try enabling it again,
> (have you tried the realease and renew through DOS instead of using the
> internet properties? that sometimes works)

=?Utf-8?B?bWUyMDA1?=

Hey,

Your IP should be assigned by either your Internet Provider or by a
router, if the network adapter is getting a differant IP than it was getting
before and your internet is working then it was most likely the card had a
conflict with your computer (possibly the MAC Address) but if its working now
then your fixed eh?

"Rob M" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply
> I have to be honest, I am not sure what im doing with IP's, I have just
> disabled the internal network card and installed the belkin usb and this is
> working fine, I have checked the router settings and the mac filtering is
> switched off
>
> By putting in different network adaptor it changed the IP address, is the ip
> address unique to the adaptor then ??
> --
> Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

Hi

My laptop only worked when i used a usb belkin adaptor(I borrowed it from a
friend), I am still having problems with my build in wireless card

--
Rob M

"me2005" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Your IP should be assigned by either your Internet Provider or by a
> router, if the network adapter is getting a differant IP than it was getting
> before and your internet is working then it was most likely the card had a
> conflict with your computer (possibly the MAC Address) but if its working now
> then your fixed eh?
>
> "Rob M" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply
> > I have to be honest, I am not sure what im doing with IP's, I have just
> > disabled the internal network card and installed the belkin usb and this is
> > working fine, I have checked the router settings and the mac filtering is
> > switched off
> >
> > By putting in different network adaptor it changed the IP address, is the ip
> > address unique to the adaptor then ??
> > --
> > Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?bWUyMDA1?=

Hey,

I would check the hardware status of your wireless card, (the one
that isnt working) going through the device manager. Hopefully the problem
could be just a bad driver update. If you open up command and type
ipconfig/all check to see if it comes up with both wireless devices, see if
your still getting an IP through the one that isnt working. What your
computer will do if Windows or your ISP has conflicts with a wireless device
is that it will give it either a bad IP or disconnect the device. My advice
is check the device status and make sure that it is working properly with no
conflicts within the IRQ and I/O Range (if you go into the device manager and
right click on the device, go to properties then resources at the bottom it
should say no conflicts)

"Rob M" wrote:

> Hi
>
> My laptop only worked when i used a usb belkin adaptor(I borrowed it from a
> friend), I am still having problems with my build in wireless card
>
> --
> Rob M
>

> "me2005" wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Your IP should be assigned by either your Internet Provider or by a
> > router, if the network adapter is getting a differant IP than it was getting
> > before and your internet is working then it was most likely the card had a
> > conflict with your computer (possibly the MAC Address) but if its working now
> > then your fixed eh?
> >
> > "Rob M" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the reply
> > > I have to be honest, I am not sure what im doing with IP's, I have just
> > > disabled the internal network card and installed the belkin usb and this is
> > > working fine, I have checked the router settings and the mac filtering is
> > > switched off
> > >
> > > By putting in different network adaptor it changed the IP address, is the ip
> > > address unique to the adaptor then ??
> > > --
> > > Rob M

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE0=?=

thanks for staying with me on this one
I have received several errors again tonight so I tried the release and
renew of Ip that you mentioned and I have had steady connection for nearly
half hour now, the tell tail signs are when the spead of the adoptor quickly
drops from 54 mbps down to 1 mbps then it disconnects then reconnects and
goes back up to 54 again, when i go in event viewer and look it has A FAILED
AUDIT - IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of
network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to
the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection
as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to
further diagnose the problem.

or
DHCP Error - Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address

I rang ACER last night and they want me to send laptop back for them to
check but I will wait until after xmas first and keep my eye on it

Thanks Again for all your help

--
Rob M