Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Mallrats gripe

Mallrats gripe

Ken W.

Is this what is called a bug?

I was watching Mallrats from netflix. Periodically a white transparent Mallrats
logo
would flash at the bottom right of the screen. If that wasn't annoying enough,
an
on-screen indicator for the DVD player would flash on at the same time. It
looked
like a movie projector with "1/2" next to it. Never figured out what that
meant.

Ken W.

Michael Black

"Ken W." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GFZvb.1305$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Is this what is called a bug?
>
> I was watching Mallrats from netflix. Periodically a white transparent

Mallrats
> logo
> would flash at the bottom right of the screen. If that wasn't annoying

enough,
> an
> on-screen indicator for the DVD player would flash on at the same time.

It
> looked
> like a movie projector with "1/2" next to it. Never figured out what that
> meant.

It's not a defect. It's merely an indication for alternate-angle, or in
this case it allows you to see them during the recording of the commentary.
There is a way to turn it off, but I don't remember how off hand.

napalm68

Multi angle commentary feature. Should be able to deselect it from main menu

"Ken W." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GFZvb.1305$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Is this what is called a bug?
>
> I was watching Mallrats from netflix. Periodically a white transparent

Mallrats
> logo
> would flash at the bottom right of the screen. If that wasn't annoying

enough,
> an
> on-screen indicator for the DVD player would flash on at the same time.

It
> looked
> like a movie projector with "1/2" next to it. Never figured out what that
> meant.
>
> Ken W.

CLOSEDOWN8

In any case, it's your player, not the disc itself. The actual disc has a
subtitle track that displays "Mallrats" as it appears on the poster when an
alternate angle portion of the audio commentary is available, but only when the
commentary is selected. If you saw a different icon, it's one your player
generated. Check out your options menus to turn it off.
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi