Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Sharing wireless network between users

Sharing wireless network between users

=?Utf-8?B?c3R1ZGVudA==?=

Hi
I have recently installed a wireless network on my home computer with the
WinXP Pro SP2 operating system. I have two sisters who also use my computer.
They both have limited accounts. When they log onto their accounts, they
cannot access the Internet. Just to see the result, I changed both of their
account types to "Computer administrator", as my account is. Strangely, the
wireless icon was visible and I could browse the Internet perfectly well.
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

Mr T

"student" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have recently installed a wireless network on my home computer with the
> WinXP Pro SP2 operating system. I have two sisters who also use my
> computer.
> They both have limited accounts. When they log onto their accounts, they
> cannot access the Internet. Just to see the result, I changed both of
> their
> account types to "Computer administrator", as my account is. Strangely,
> the
> wireless icon was visible and I could browse the Internet perfectly well.
> Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
>
> I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

I think you need to setup the wireless connection on each xp account.

t_sprokholt

hi

I'm having the same problem with my xp home edition.
when I stay logged in and switch to another user, that user cannot use
the existing wireless link, although the wireless connection to the
router itself succeeds. On the other hand, when I log out, and switch
the user, that user can successfully connect to the internet.
I'm having the Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG device.
A friend of mine does not have these problems, don't know
what wireless device he uses.
it does work with wired connections, so there must be some
difference in the wireless stack configuration.
any news yet ? does anyone know the real answer to the problem ?

--
t_sprokholt