Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Springsteen "Live in Barcelona" vs. U2's "Go Home - Live at Slane Castle" dvds

Re: Springsteen "Live in Barcelona" vs. U2's "Go Home - Live at Slane Castle" dvds

Goldfinger

"Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I was thinking it was kind of redundant for U2 to release another
> Elevation tour video but after watching the Slane video, it really is a
> different show despite the fact that only a few songs are different then
> the "Live in Boston" dvd.

I am rather disappointed with Bono's perfomance in the Slane DVD. Espcially
in the 2nd half of the show when his voice was evidently cracking and he
can't hit those high notes anymore. The emotional impact of such songs like
Pride, With or Without You is lessened if Bono can't hit those notes.

The first half is much better but perhaps Bono gave his best to the first
half, he was running on empty after that. Granted, Bono has passed 40 years
of age and it is only natural he can't do the same thing he could before,
but it would be best if the band stay with indoor arena venus from now on.

I watched the DVD last night on a 50" HDTV with full DTS system. A decade
and a half ago, I watched the legendary Under The Blood Red Sky tape on a
21" DVD with mono sound numerous time. And the later has is a much more
emotionally rewarding experience than the former.

DocAay

"Goldfinger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hwsvb.1477555$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am rather disappointed with Bono's perfomance in the Slane DVD.

Espcially
> in the 2nd half of the show when his voice was evidently cracking and he
> can't hit those high notes anymore. The emotional impact of such songs

like
> Pride, With or Without You is lessened if Bono can't hit those notes.

Holy ****ing Christ! (sorry)
This gets really old. The man and the band had just come off a grueling
tour. They'd played, what?, two or three gigs between Slane on Aug. 25 and
this show. He'd buried his father a week before. You're complaining
because his voice broke and he couldn't hit the high notes?
As far as I know they haven't invented a man who could have done that,
though with KingB they came very, very close.

Doc

ronnie biggs

I just got the Slane dvd today..I watch it and thought it was great, yea..is
voice was a little off, but it was the moment, 80,000 people going nuts in
your home country. I wish they put out a DVD of all their Elevation shows,
they were great!!!