Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Fan air cooler inside Pioneer DVR-3100S and Philips DVDR80?

Fan air cooler inside Pioneer DVR-3100S and Philips DVDR80?

John

I wrote about the Philips DVDR80 recorder and if it perhaps has a fan
air cooler (or something) inside, a couple of days ago, but did not get
any response to the question. (Has no one really noticed this)? It was
almost the same "noise" om two identical of these recorders, so I
therefore went to the shop and also borrowed another recorder, Pioneer
DVR-3100S. And to my big surprise, thisone also had this noise, just
like from a loud fan air cooler inside a pc. Is this the same on all
such recorders, and why is that?
By the way, would you say that Pioneer DVR-3100S is a "better" recorder
than Philips DVDR80?

John.