Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Winged Migration making of kix ass...

Winged Migration making of kix ass...

Evil

I watched WINGED MIGRATION and thought it was a beautiful and
impressive film/documentary/whatever.

Last nite, i watched the Making of documentary on dvd and was just
blown away. Some of that was just hte coolest thing i have ever seen.
Just seeing those ultralites flying among the geese trying to keep
'em all in the shot jsut made me giddy.

i especially liked the statement, "Not fiction, but not a
documentary."

i had wondered how the filmmakers had managed to get such amazing
shots in the film. the Making of answered all that.

Damn. I was planning on just renting it, but after watching the dvd,
i think i have to buy it now.

btw, the film would make a great Imax movie.

Mike McGee

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Evil
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I watched WINGED MIGRATION and thought it was a beautiful and
> impressive film/documentary/whatever.
>
> Last nite, i watched the Making of documentary on dvd and was just
> blown away. Some of that was just hte coolest thing i have ever seen.
> Just seeing those ultralites flying among the geese trying to keep
> 'em all in the shot jsut made me giddy.
>
> i especially liked the statement, "Not fiction, but not a
> documentary."
>
> i had wondered how the filmmakers had managed to get such amazing
> shots in the film. the Making of answered all that.
>
> Damn. I was planning on just renting it, but after watching the dvd,
> i think i have to buy it now.

I agree. The extras of this film actually make it an even better movie.
Once you see the process used to capture these migrating birds, it's
hard to not have an even greater appreciation for the film.

We have a full review of this DVD on our site. It's a definite DVD to
purchase, not rent, IMHO.

--
Mike McGee