Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > digitalbits

digitalbits

Reg

Does anyone know if digitalbits has bit the dust? Couldn't get to it
yesterday, today I get something called Chandlerpages. Thanks

Grease Monkey

Me too!!

Very strange

"Reg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:K9zub.57$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if digitalbits has bit the dust? Couldn't get to it
> yesterday, today I get something called Chandlerpages. Thanks

Stan Jensen

I know they moved servers last week, so there could be some routing
problems.

I was on it around 4.30, ans everything was okay.

Smaug69

From somewhere over there "Grease Monkey" <spamf**(E-Mail Removed)>
mumbled incoherently:

>Me too!!
>
>Very strange

The Digital Bits got hacked some time today. I don't know when they
will get things back in order, but it's rather interesting to note
that this happened just days after they shifted over to another
server.

--
I know no one can do me no harm because Joy is a hot revolver,
and he is afraid of the monkeys who are in possession of the

Codswallop

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:52:52 GMT, Reg wrote in alt.video.dvd:

> Does anyone know if digitalbits has bit the dust? Couldn't get to it
> yesterday, today I get something called Chandlerpages.

www.digitalbits.com and www.thedigitalbits.com both work fine for me
(Nov 19 2003 -- 04:27 GMT).

--
- Cods

(un ROT-13 to email)

Mike McGee

In article <Xns94389325264F8codswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, Codswallop
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> www.digitalbits.com and www.thedigitalbits.com both work fine for me
> (Nov 19 2003 -- 04:27 GMT).

Hmm...still not working for me. (11/18 23:00 PST)

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Mike McGee

Ratmaster2000

maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
address would re-route to some damn search site

"Mike McGee" <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in message
news:181120032307550701%admin@_removenospam_thedig italreview.com...
> In article <Xns94389325264F8codswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, Codswallop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > www.digitalbits.com and www.thedigitalbits.com both work fine for me
> > (Nov 19 2003 -- 04:27 GMT).

> Hmm...still not working for me. (11/18 23:00 PST)
>
> --
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Mike McGee
> Webmaster, The Digital Review
> http://www.thedigitalreview.com

AAbrams0264

Go to the DVD Planet site and click on "The Rumor Mill" and you will get onto
the site.

Bob

"Ratmaster2000" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:HrFub.242998$HS4.2150686@attbi_s01...
> maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
> something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
> address would re-route to some damn search site

I agree. Definitely sounds like a DNS hack on end user computers rather
than The Digital Bits site itself being hacked. I've had no problems
getting to The Digital Bits' site. The search engine DNS hack trick is a
pretty common problem.

Users not able to visit The Digital Bits should do a file search in C: for
anything named "hosts" and view the file in Notepad. The file could be in
the Windows directory or other places yet still be able to work. Here is
text I saved from a "hosts" file that keeps you from visiting any leading
search engine sites (the redirected IP still works too):

127.127.127.127 elite
64.191.95.139 www.google.com
64.191.95.139 google.com
64.191.95.139 www.altavista.com
64.191.95.139 altavista.com
64.191.95.139 search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 uk.search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 ca.search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 jp.search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 au.search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 de.search.yahoo.com
64.191.95.139 search.yahoo.co.jp
64.191.95.139 www.lycos.de
64.191.95.139 www.lycos.ca
64.191.95.139 www.lycos.jp
64.191.95.139 www.lycos.co.jp
64.191.95.139 alltheweb.com
64.191.95.139 web.ask.com
64.191.95.139 ask.com
64.191.95.139 www.ask.com
64.191.95.139 www.teoma.com
64.191.95.139 search.aol.com
64.191.95.139 www.looksmart.com
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com
64.191.95.139 ca.search.msn.com
64.191.95.139 fr.ca.search.msn.com
64.191.95.139 search.fr.msn.be
64.191.95.139 search.fr.msn.ch
64.191.95.139 search.latam.yupimsn.com
64.191.95.139 search.msn.at
64.191.95.139 search.msn.be
64.191.95.139 search.msn.ch
64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.in
64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.jp
64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.kr
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.br
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.hk
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.my
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.sg
64.191.95.139 search.msn.com.tw
64.191.95.139 search.msn.co.za
64.191.95.139 search.msn.de
64.191.95.139 search.msn.dk
64.191.95.139 search.msn.es
64.191.95.139 search.msn.fi
64.191.95.139 search.msn.fr
64.191.95.139 search.msn.it
64.191.95.139 search.msn.nl
64.191.95.139 search.msn.no
64.191.95.139 search.msn.se
64.191.95.139 search.ninemsn.com.au
64.191.95.139 search.t1msn.com.mx
64.191.95.139 search.xtramsn.co.nz
64.191.95.139 search.yupimsn.com
64.191.95.139 uk.search.msn.com
64.191.95.139 search.lycos.com
64.191.95.139 www.lycos.com
64.191.95.139 www.google.ca
64.191.95.139 google.ca
64.191.95.139 www.google.uk
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.uk
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.au
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.jp
64.191.95.139 www.google.jp
64.191.95.139 www.google.at
64.191.95.139 www.google.be
64.191.95.139 www.google.ch
64.191.95.139 www.google.de
64.191.95.139 www.google.dk
64.191.95.139 www.google.fi
64.191.95.139 www.google.fr
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.gr
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.hk
64.191.95.139 www.google.ie
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.il
64.191.95.139 www.google.it
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.kr
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.mx
64.191.95.139 www.google.nl
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.nz
64.191.95.139 www.google.pl
64.191.95.139 www.google.pt
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.ru
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.sg
64.191.95.139 www.google.co.th
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.tr
64.191.95.139 www.google.com.tw
64.191.95.139 google.at
64.191.95.139 google.be
64.191.95.139 google.de
64.191.95.139 google.dk
64.191.95.139 google.fi
64.191.95.139 google.fr
64.191.95.139 google.com.hk
64.191.95.139 google.ie
64.191.95.139 google.co.il
64.191.95.139 google.it
64.191.95.139 google.co.kr
64.191.95.139 google.com.mx
64.191.95.139 google.nl
64.191.95.139 google.co.nz
64.191.95.139 google.pl
64.191.95.139 google.com.ru
64.191.95.139 google.com.sg
64.191.95.139 www.hotbot.com
64.191.95.139 hotbot.com

Codswallop

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:19:44 GMT, Bob wrote in alt.video.dvd:

>> maybe someone dropped a IP address re-router into your system? I had
>> something like that happen to me a few months ago where any geocities
>> address would re-route to some damn search site

> I agree. Definitely sounds like a DNS hack on end user computers
> rather than The Digital Bits site itself being hacked. I've had no
> problems getting to The Digital Bits' site. The search engine DNS
> hack trick is a pretty common problem.

If the original poster can access:

http://216.190.127.201/

but not

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/

then you are right. If that's the case, the original poster should
"ping thedigitalbits.com" and see what the IP address listed is. If
it's not the one above then either you have what Bob mentioned, or your
ISP has messed, or someone further upstream has messed up.

--
- Cods

(E-Mail Removed)
(un ROT-13 to e-mail)