Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD SOFTWARE AND LION KING

DVD SOFTWARE AND LION KING

Dragon

Hi I have two questions id like to ask you lot out there.

1. Which is the best software to play my dvds thro my pc, I currently run
power dvd but find it sticks a lot or am I doing something wrong in the
settings help please. I am running a 2 gig amd. win xp pro, 5600 ultra
video card 768mb ddr ram

2. how do I get the old version of the lion king on the new special edition
dvd. I know it has two versions but I can only play the newer released
version

cheers Dave

KDH

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:94wub.3$(E-Mail Removed)...

> 2. how do I get the old version of the lion king on the new special

edition
> dvd. I know it has two versions but I can only play the newer released
> version
>

> cheers Dave

Go to set up then languages ( I think) which then gives options for
English/English 5.1 and Hebrew for each version-choose original version and
hey presto!

Old Nick

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:19:58 -0000, "Dragon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I use Powerdvd,and have an SMedia 5200 card (128Meg), on a cel 800
with 512Ram. With an NVidia TNT 64 (32Meg) card I had some flickering
and jumping, unless I set the resolution to 640*480. With the new card
I am having no problems. What res are you running?

Can you play full screen AVI's with the current resolution? Your video
card may be conflicting with something else. I had trouble playing DVD
quality videos as AVIs with my old card.

>Hi I have two questions id like to ask you lot out there.
>
>1. Which is the best software to play my dvds thro my pc, I currently run
>power dvd but find it sticks a lot or am I doing something wrong in the
>settings help please. I am running a 2 gig amd. win xp pro, 5600 ultra
>video card 768mb ddr ram
>
>2. how do I get the old version of the lion king on the new special edition
>dvd. I know it has two versions but I can only play the newer released
>version
>

>cheers Dave

Dogbert

On mine, the original is under Setup, Video/Audio options. The top set
are audio options for the "Special Edition". The lower set is for the
original version. Select one of the "Original Theatrical" settings,
and it will play the original movie.