Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Region

DVD Region

Ron Eggler

Hey,

how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

--
roN
www.rideon.ch

John Smith

"Ron Eggler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpdobb$1nmcpj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hey,
>
> how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

1. Get a software DVD player like WinDVD. Google to an appropriate DL site.
If you choose, many of these players will allow you to reset the region 4
times.

2. Google to a download of a program called "DVD Genie". This program will
allow you to set the region to RC=0 (no region code) or reset your player to
5 more region settings or basically do whatever you want to do about this
silly region code scheme that content owners and hardware manufacturers
impose for tight marketing controls.

3. Understand that defeating region code is not illegal like decryting DVD
keys is in the US. The Region Code scam has nothing to do with copyright. It
is simply a marketing scheme designed to control where you should buy video
products, when and at whatever cost the monopoly decides you should pay in
the assumed economic class of your geography. Region coding arguably
violates international trade pacts and has all the trimmings of anti-trust
(price fixing). It is anti-consumer ,of course, so best of luck in your
efforts.

Wade365

<< 3. Understand that defeating region code is not illegal like decryting DVD
keys is in the US. The Region Code scam has nothing to do with copyright. It
is simply a marketing scheme designed to control where you should buy video
products, when and at whatever cost the monopoly decides you should pay in
the assumed economic class of your geography. Region coding arguably
violates international trade pacts and has all the trimmings of anti-trust
(price fixing). It is anti-consumer ,of course, so best of luck in your
efforts.

If you have a PS2, Action Replay game cheater has region software enhancers on
it too... $40 US on most websites like buyrite.net

David Beamish

Just turn the chair, and grow Ron Eggler hair

> Hey,
>
> how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

what John said, but also you might need to make your DVDRom region free
which you can do via sofware fro mthe same place as the dvd genie download
or you can flash the firmware by searching the internet for an RPC=0
firmware for your player

Ron Eggler

Ron Eggler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

Okay I got the "DVD Region-Free"-Software and can view the DVDs now. But do
you also know how i can rip them? SmartRipper always crashes... and DVDx
doesn't work either....