Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > anamorphic widescreen...

anamorphic widescreen...

Justin

drew fairweather wrote on [Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800]:
> WHO GIVES A ****!!
>
> some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
> grateful to have them.
>
> but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
> WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
> PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
> SYSTEM!?!

Lemming.

Maybe they should just put everything out pan and scan and in mono!

mzmeryze

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800, drew fairweather
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>WHO GIVES A ****!!

Non-morons, that's who.

>some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
>grateful to have them.

And I'm sure it looks great on your 12 inch TV.

>but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
>WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!

AND MORON THAT!

>CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
>PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
>SYSTEM!?!

Yeah, because we want the DVDs to play INCORRECTLY. You're kind of a
moron, aren't you?

Richard C.

Sounds like you have a serious anger problem.

Non -anamorphic widescreen movies are ****.
Only cheap **** studios release them now.

===============================
"drew fairweather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: WHO GIVES A ****!!
:
: some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
: grateful to have them.
:
: but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
: WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
:
: CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
: PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
: SYSTEM!?!

Doonie

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>WHO GIVES A ****!!
>
>some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
>grateful to have them.
>
>but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
>WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>
>CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
>PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
>SYSTEM!?!

LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!

CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

--
www.cloakanddagger.ca

drew fairweather

WHO GIVES A ****!!

some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
grateful to have them.

but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!

CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
SYSTEM!?!

Grand Inquisitor

drew fairweather wrote:
> WHO GIVES A ****!!
>
> some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
> grateful to have them.
>
> but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
> WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
> PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
> SYSTEM!?!

It is not just the wealthy who care about proper aspect ratios, and
anamorphic enhancement. Do a little reading before you rant.

www.widescreen.org

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Grand Inquisitor

Doonie wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:05:03 -0800, drew fairweather
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>WHO GIVES A ****!!
>>
>>some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
>>grateful to have them.
>>
>>but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
>>WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>>
>>CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
>>PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
>>SYSTEM!?!

> LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

He he he.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Goldfinger

"Doonie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> LASERDISC THIS! DVD THAT!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH YOUR VHS TAPES AND SHUT UP!?!

That would be a luxury for the guy. Can't he just look at the movie poster
and be happy?

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
drew fairweather <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> WHO GIVES A ****!!
>
> some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
> grateful to have them.
>
> but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
> WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
> PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
> SYSTEM!?!

LOL! Sorry guys, but that was frickin' funny.
--
BL

Mark Jones

"drew fairweather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WHO GIVES A ****!!
>
> some movies have just come out on dvd for the first time & i'm
> grateful to have them.
>
> but some people are so goddamned elitist...16X9 THIS! ANAMORPHIC
> WIDESCREEN THAT! DTS THIS!
>
> CAN'T YOU JUST WATCH THE MOVIE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT IT
> PLAYING CORRECTLY IN YOUR $72362828 MILLION DOLLAR HOME THEATER
> SYSTEM!?!

No.