Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Any 6.1 DVD Movies Out Yet ??

Any 6.1 DVD Movies Out Yet ??

Mindy

I have found only one, Mel Gibsons When We Were Soldiers......any
others.....just bought a new Yamaha receiver .....

---

Doug MacLean

"Mindy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2S2ub.275168$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have found only one, Mel Gibsons When We Were Soldiers......any
> others.....just bought a new Yamaha receiver .....
>

> ---

I maintain a rather complete list of all announced EX and ES (seven channel
audio) titles. This list includes current, future and out of print titles.
I hope this helps.

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/ex.htm

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

Iain Mackenzie

> I maintain a rather complete list of all announced EX and ES (seven
channel
> audio) titles. This list includes current, future and out of print titles.
> I hope this helps.
>
> http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/ex.htm
>
> --

Mindy,
Doug's site is really useful, but it's all R1. If you're in R2 then just
remember there are differences. A good site to check these is
http://www.bytesandbobs.com/dvdcompare/.
Iain

Mindy

Am in Texas.....I guess that would be Region 1 ??

"Iain Mackenzie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7d5ub.1591$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I maintain a rather complete list of all announced EX and ES (seven

> channel
> > audio) titles. This list includes current, future and out of print

titles.
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/ex.htm
> >
> > --

> Mindy,
> Doug's site is really useful, but it's all R1. If you're in R2 then just
> remember there are differences. A good site to check these is
> http://www.bytesandbobs.com/dvdcompare/.
> Iain

---

Grand Inquisitor

Mindy wrote:
> Am in Texas.....I guess that would be Region 1 ??

Yes. R1 is the USA, Canada, and I think it also includes Mexico.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Waterpetrson7

>Yes. R1 is the USA, Canada, and I think it also includes Mexico

Actually, Mexico is Region 4.

Waterpetrson7

movies are in 6.1 sound whenever the dvd is treleased, whether the dvd says it
or not, because the sound for Dolby's back center channel is matrixed sound,
although the other channels are discrete.

Somehow, I think I find a flaw in that statement, but I'm not sure what the
flaw in that statement (if any) is that is bothering me. However, it is what
they said.

Waterpetrson7

of course, it's not the first time Dolby's statements were flawed.

such as claiming that four-channel matrixed sound was completely and fully
compatible with mono.

In reality, listening in mono canceled out any oiinformation in the surround
sound channel, therefore not compatible with mono.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Waterpetrson7) wrote:

>>Yes. R1 is the USA, Canada, and I think it also includes Mexico

>Actually, Mexico is Region 4.

Then why in the heck do we have to put up with spanish subtitles and audio
tracks on our region one disks????? To capitulate to the mass hordes or
illegals flooding the southwest??? I hate that ****!!!! I can see having
french.

Iain Mackenzie

sound
> movies are in 6.1 sound whenever the dvd is treleased, whether the dvd

says it
> or not, because the sound for Dolby's back center channel is matrixed

sound,
> although the other channels are discrete.

AFAIK, although the SB channel is matrixed, it is done with a discrete track
separate from the SL and SR tracks. Also, your amp has to detect the ES/EX
flag. Forcing the amp into matrixing for the SBL&R in a 5.1 track just
doesn't have the same quality as a full 6.1. Example being Gladiator, there
are 6.1 and 5.1 discs out there, and matrixing my 5.1 just doesn't get the
right effect at all - 5.1 depth is so much better.
Iain