Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Hack - Sony DVP-NS305

Hack - Sony DVP-NS305

Alan Mason

Hi all,

I bought the Sony DVP-NS305 and as it was explained to me by the sales rep,
I thought this unit to be multi-region. Unfortunately it is not.

Does anyone know a handset hack for this model? I have seen hacks using a
palm pilot but I do not have that type of unit and I don't have infrared on
my laptop. Any suggestions????

Thanks,
Alan

Brownie

"Alan Mason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FsTtb.1930$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I bought the Sony DVP-NS305 and as it was explained to me by the sales

rep,
> I thought this unit to be multi-region. Unfortunately it is not.
>
> Does anyone know a handset hack for this model? I have seen hacks using a
> palm pilot but I do not have that type of unit and I don't have infrared

on
> my laptop. Any suggestions????

AFAIK - it has to be done from a 'master' handset that presumably the PDA is
emulating. When I bought my 405 at a Sony centre, I asked for multi-region
and they offered to do it for 20 quid. In the end, as I was buying lots of
gear, it was a tenner. If you can get it done anywhere near that price it
will be easier than messing around for ages - got to be worth ringing a Sony
centre for a quote, or any Sony repair shop.

C.u.b.i.k

Argos - Buy a cheap palm

Use it

Take it back within the 16 days! Money back.....

Hey presto - Free mod