Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Two Towers box Gollum...

Two Towers box Gollum...

Keld Landin-Petersen

First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two Towers.
Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!

However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
out.

Paul C.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Keld Landin-Petersen) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two

Towers.
> Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
>
> However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
> guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this

was
> somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get

it
> out.

you took it out of the original packaging ?!?! GASP!!!!!!!!

Wade365

<< you took it out of the original packaging ?!?! GASP!!!!!!!! >>

Uppppp! It's worthless now.

: )

Tim Pace

Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

--
Tim Pace
" A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves

Maverick

(E-Mail Removed) (Keld*Landin-Petersen) wrote:

>First off, what an amazing job they have done on
> the EE of Two Towers. Again, as with Fellowship,
> they have made this movie EVEN better!

I couldn't agree more, the extended version is so much better.

>However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue
> out of the box! I guess it is nice to see that it is
> secured for shipping, but this was somewhat
> ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to
> get it out.

I understand that you're not supposed to take the Gollum statue out of
the box (yikes), otherwise it could have been a collector's item worth a
lot of money in the future.

unclejr

"Tim Pace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
> films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
> financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
> be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
> and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

Relax, they were kidding.

-Junior

GMAN

In article <qMTtb.34$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Tim Pace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
>films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
>financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
>be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
>and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

Its a joke they were commenting on!!! Do you get the cartoon Dexters
Laboratory on TV? There was one episode where he and some friends go to a
star trek convention and mistakenly go the the Barbi convention and open up a
sealed collectable barbi doll. Next thing you see is dexter fighting some
uni-brow fat chick with the Captain Kirk fight music from star trek playing in
the background.

Tim Pace

Sorry didn't get it

--
Tim Pace
" A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves
himself."

Scott Streeter

(E-Mail Removed) (Keld Landin-Petersen) writes:

> First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two Towers.
> Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
>
> However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
> guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
> somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
> out.

Same here. I had to rip the inner liner thing out (Well not rip) and
then the thing was glued to the bottom of the box too. And then when
you finally get it out the styrafoam around the bottom is tie wrapped
with the biggest damn tie I've ever seen... I mean come on! On the
plus side I was really surprised at how nice the case and book for the
"Gollum DVD" was.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)

Scott Streeter

(E-Mail Removed) (Maverick) writes:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Keld=A0Landin-Petersen) wrote:
>
> >First off, what an amazing job they have done on
> > the EE of Two Towers. Again, as with Fellowship,
> > they have made this movie EVEN better!

> I couldn't agree more, the extended version is so much better.
>
> >However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue
> > out of the box! I guess it is nice to see that it is
> > secured for shipping, but this was somewhat
> > ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to
> > get it out.

> I understand that you're not supposed to take the Gollum statue out of
> the box (yikes), otherwise it could have been a collector's item worth a
> lot of money in the future.

Of course your suppost to take it out. The entire bottom base is
covered with styrofoam so you can't even see it unless you take it
out. If it's "worthless" in the future, oh well Personally I'd
liked to have statues of the "Two Towers". Would have fit better with
the Arganoths from the first set.

--
Scott Streeter
(E-Mail Removed)