Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > dvd codes

dvd codes

lisa g

I've been looking for the region codes for my dvd player and can only find
one listed for the make of machine (technosonic) on a number of sites but my
model number is different. Does anyone know if it can cause any damage if I
try it on mine?

Jan Gruetz

the only thing that happens if you put a "foreign" region disc
into your dvd player is that it says "this disk cannot be played"
or something like this

if you live in north america and bought your player there it is region1.
in europe it`s region 2. i use a modified player which doesn`t give a
flying sh... about regions and plays them all! D
why should greedy companies decide what I can watch? many players
can be made regionfree either by a firmware update or even by some
special codes typed in via the remote! maybe yours can too. just google for
it.

hope this helps? ^_^
Jan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...