Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Twin Peaks Season 2

Twin Peaks Season 2

Tallulah Blanket

Ian Griffiths wrote:

> [...]

The R2 DVD was released by Paramount, not Universal.

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (SoHillsGuy) wrote:

>> I'm even inclined to say that the episode where Maddy
>> is killed may be the strongest episode in the entire series.

> I agree, though I've always considered her murder as maybe the
> most violent death scene ever filmed for a regular TV series.

Well, certainly. That's part of what made it so gripping.
Laura's death wasn't that big an impact on the viewer because
it happened before the start of the series, before we even
got to know her as a character. Maddy's death happened *after*
we'd come to like her, and so her brutal death really got us
where it hurt.

-- jayembee

Joshua Zyber

"Ian Griffiths" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp0mpj$gvl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks.

> Maybe not in the US, but my R2 boxset has Universal written on the top

Is it a bootleg with a fake banner?

Universal has never had the rights to the show anywhere in the world.
Paramount currently has the international distribution rights (and
perhaps the domestic as well).

Jeffman

Contact me if you are ever really interested in selling your
LD set.

jeffman16@adelphia(remove).net

Ian Griffiths

No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.

Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.

http://www.universal-playback.com/

Ian.

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wPUsb.25104$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> "Ian Griffiths" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bp0mpj$gvl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Universal has nothing to do with Twin Peaks.

> > Maybe not in the US, but my R2 boxset has Universal written on the top

> Is it a bootleg with a fake banner?
>
> Universal has never had the rights to the show anywhere in the world.
> Paramount currently has the international distribution rights (and
> perhaps the domestic as well).

Mark Aldridge

"Ian Griffiths" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp2qo3$osl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.

The Universal logo can clearly be seen on the packshot for Amazon UK:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mark

Joshua Zyber

"Ian Griffiths" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp2qo3$osl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.
>
> Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.
>
> http://www.universal-playback.com/

Weird.

All right. Looks like I was misinformed.

Tallulah Blanket

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "Ian Griffiths" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bp2qo3$osl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>No, I bought it front HMV. My friends also have Universal on theirs.
>>
>>Their site is here, it seems to be a 'playback' label of Universal.
>>
>>http://www.universal-playback.com/

> Weird.
>
> All right. Looks like I was misinformed.

The R4 is released by Paramount and, apparently, Paramount now own
rights to Series 2 throughout the world.