Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Need help to NOT make coasters

Need help to NOT make coasters

Robert Solomon

Hi. I have used DVDShrink 3 beta on Charlie's Angels 2, and have the
..vob and .ifo on my HD in a directory I called Angels2. But when I burn
them to a DVD using Nero 5.5, I get an unplayable disk. When I try to
play the files from the HD, I get picture but no sound.

What's going on here?

Thanks

Max Volume

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Robert Solomon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What's going on here?

You don't know **** about DVD authoring? Just a guess.

Either that, or it's karma catching up with you for being pirate scum.

What The!

using nero you should make a new DVD video using the DVD video template. you
will need to copy the vob and ifo files into the VIDEO_TS folder of the dvd
template in nero. You cannot just drag the Angels2 folder to an ISO DVD
template and expect it to play.
PLayback from the hard disk requires you to have an AC3 audio decmopressor
installed, so in other words you should play though powerDVD winDVD or any
other dvd playback program. Windows media player, unless you have bought the
dvd player upgraded codecs will not play dvds.

"Robert Solomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I have used DVDShrink 3 beta on Charlie's Angels 2, and have the
> .vob and .ifo on my HD in a directory I called Angels2. But when I burn
> them to a DVD using Nero 5.5, I get an unplayable disk. When I try to
> play the files from the HD, I get picture but no sound.
>
> What's going on here?
>
> Thanks

CAM

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:02:06 GMT, Robert Solomon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi. I have used DVDShrink 3 beta on Charlie's Angels 2, and have the
>.vob and .ifo on my HD in a directory I called Angels2. But when I burn
>them to a DVD using Nero 5.5, I get an unplayable disk. When I try to
>play the files from the HD, I get picture but no sound.
>
>What's going on here?
>
>Thanks

Try the latest nero version an dremember when it prompts you to turn
multisession off to do just that.

You have not stated what dvd burner you have or what media your using.

Ken Maltby

"Robert Solomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I have used DVDShrink 3 beta on Charlie's Angels 2, and have the
> .vob and .ifo on my HD in a directory I called Angels2. But when I burn
> them to a DVD using Nero 5.5, I get an unplayable disk. When I try to
> play the files from the HD, I get picture but no sound.
>
> What's going on here?
>
> Thanks

Nero Burning ROM
(Not the Wizard)
1. Select "DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)"
2. Click "NEW", then the "UDF" label
3. Select physical partition, file system UDF 1.02
and check "Force DVD-Video Compatibility Mode"
4. Add folders
5. Burn disk.

If you were making a "Mini-DVD" on a CD, it would
be 'Select "CD-ROM (UDF/ISO)" for step 1.

Luck;
Ken

Firewire and IDE Burners Suddenly Burn Coasters?? HELP! sohosources@gmail.com DVD Video 0 10-02-2005 02:42 AM
Repairing coasters Bill Turner DVD Video 7 01-30-2005 08:27 PM
Invalid Block Address Error with Nero = Many Coasters Lucky Dog DVD Video 0 04-05-2004 07:18 PM
DVD+R Coasters Bev & Russ DVD Video 5 12-03-2003 09:21 PM
HELP>>>> I'M BURNING COASTERS BY THE DOZEN Darren M Taylor DVD Video 21 11-16-2003 01:37 AM

Advertisments