Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > SeaMonkey Beta released

SeaMonkey Beta released

Ed Mullen

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Leonidas Jones

Ed Mullen wrote:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

I've covered it in secnews too, Ed.

Its a great day!

Lee

Stubby

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/
>>

> I've covered it in secnews too, Ed.
>
> Its a great day!
>
> Lee

Can somebody tell me what "Seamonkey" is? It is not clear from a few
web pages that I peeked at.

Jedi Fans

On 20/12/05 08:30, Stubby scribbled:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/
>>>

>> I've covered it in secnews too, Ed.
>>
>> Its a great day!
>>
>> Lee

> Can somebody tell me what "Seamonkey" is? It is not clear from a few
> web pages that I peeked at.

The continuation by a 3rd party of the old mozilla suite
[which was dropped by mozilla]

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,

Arne

Once upon a time *Ed Mullen* wrote:

> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

I wonder why they still built in the WYSIWYG webpage composer in
Seamonkey? I prefer to see a ref to Nvu as an "add on" for those why
want a composer. Can it be excluded from the install?

--
/Arne

Tech Support: Your password is the small letter a as in apple,
a capital letter V as in Victor, the number 7.
Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?

Stubby

Jedi Fans wrote:
> On 20/12/05 08:30, Stubby scribbled:

>>>I've covered it in secnews too, Ed.
>>>
>>>Its a great day!
>>>
>>>Lee

>>Can somebody tell me what "Seamonkey" is? It is not clear from a few
>>web pages that I peeked at.

> The continuation by a 3rd party of the old mozilla suite
> [which was dropped by mozilla]

Is only the difference in the installation process? Why does the world
need a third choice?

Vegard Krog Petersen

Arne skrev:
> Once upon a time *Ed Mullen* wrote:
>

>>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

> I wonder why they still built in the WYSIWYG webpage composer in
> Seamonkey? I prefer to see a ref to Nvu as an "add on" for those why
> want a composer. Can it be excluded from the install?

NVU technlogy will *someday* be introduced back into composer/the suite.

Ed Mullen

Stubby wrote:
> Jedi Fans wrote:

>>> Can somebody tell me what "Seamonkey" is? It is not clear from a few
>>> web pages that I peeked at.

>> The continuation by a 3rd party of the old mozilla suite
>> [which was dropped by mozilla]
>>

> Is only the difference in the installation process? Why does the world
> need a third choice?

The Mozilla Suite came *before* Firefox and Thunderbird.

http://www.ilias.ca/MozillavsFirefox.html
http://mozilla.edmullen.net/seamonkey.html

Mozilla Suite (SeaMonkey) = integrated Internet application
Mozilla Firefox = browser only, unintegrated, stand-alone
Mozilla Thunderbird = mail/news only, unintegrated, stand-alone

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen

Arne wrote:

Collaboration, n.: A literary partnership based on the false assumption
that the other person can spell.> Once upon a time *Ed Mullen* wrote:

>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

> I wonder why they still built in the WYSIWYG webpage composer in
> Seamonkey? I prefer to see a ref to Nvu as an "add on" for those why
> want a composer. Can it be excluded from the install?

The plan I've heard is that (one day) Nvu will be re-integrated into
SeaMonkey to replace the Composer. No, you cannot not install the
Composer component. It is, after all, one of the components that makes
SeaMonkey an integrated application.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

charles

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:09:38 -0500, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/

Does anyone know if SeaMonkey Mail has incorporated the Thunderbird
option to block loading remote images in mail? The Suite had the
plumbing for it but not the interface to unblock.

I couldn't find it on the changelog and it is the main feature that
keeps me going back and forth.