Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ZIM on dvd! YES!

ZIM on dvd! YES!

Franklin Harris

"PseudoApparition" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> likewise! strange that they're doing 3 seperate 2-disc sets. But hey, as
> long as every episode is included, I'll be eternally happy.

The question is, which episodes? Nickelodeon mucked up the broadcast version
of the Christmas episode. I think everyone should politely write Media
Blasters and ask them to use the unbroadcast version of that episode.

--
Franklin Harris
Pulp Culture Online, www.pulpculture.net

Franklin Harris

"Franklin Harris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The question is, which episodes? Nickelodeon mucked up the broadcast

version
> of the Christmas episode. I think everyone should politely write Media
> Blasters and ask them to use the unbroadcast version of that episode.

And here is an interview I just found that lets us know Media Blasters'
plans in more detail:

http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=1248

--
Franklin Harris
Pulp Culture Online, www.pulpculture.net
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get
is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh,
oooh, the sky is the limit!" -- The Tick

8-Bit Star

Chika <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, 8-Bit Star
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Brian Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:<boru72$sej$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > "8-Bit Star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > >
> > > You're young, you'll learn...

> > I'll learn what? Freakazoid was a show that was funny the first time,
> > but wears thin with repeat viewings.

> Isn't that true of most things? I think this was the ultimate reason for
> the death of CNX...

Well, sometimes. When I slip in my C:KND tapes I sometimes find
I get jokes that I missed the first time around.

> Freakazoid and Animaniacs seldom get any airtime in the UK these days,
> though they have started showing Taz-Mania on Boomerang, so perhaps...

Animaniacs hasn't played over here in like a year, but I don't really
feel like that's such a big loss (again I discussed my reasons for this
in another thread).

Now if only they'd release Jonny Quest (ALL Jonny Quest, original,
80s, Real Adventures, movies, etc) on DVD...

lvirden@yahoo.com

According to Franklin Harris <(E-Mail Removed)>:
:
:"PseudoApparition" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
:news:Y2%qb.338702$pl3.30567@pd7tw3no...
:>
:
:> likewise! strange that they're doing 3 seperate 2-disc sets. But hey, as
:> long as every episode is included, I'll be eternally happy.
:
:The question is, which episodes? Nickelodeon mucked up the broadcast version
f the Christmas episode. I think everyone should politely write Media
:Blasters and ask them to use the unbroadcast version of that episode.
:

If there are going to be 6 DVDs, then how will the episodes be divided up?
On http://epguides.com/InvaderZIM/ I see listed 27 episodes. That would
be 4 episodes for 3 DVDs and 5 episodes for 3 DVDs. Or are there at
least 3 more episodes which never made it as far as the episode guides?

--

Ronald Cole

> According to Franklin Harris <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> :"PseudoApparition" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message :news:Y2%qb.338702$pl3.30567@pd7tw3no...
> :> likewise! strange that they're doing 3 seperate 2-disc sets. But hey, as
> :> long as every episode is included, I'll be eternally happy.
> :
> :The question is, which episodes? Nickelodeon mucked up the broadcast version
> f the Christmas episode. I think everyone should politely write Media
> :Blasters and ask them to use the unbroadcast version of that episode.
>
> If there are going to be 6 DVDs, then how will the episodes be divided up?
> On http://epguides.com/InvaderZIM/ I see listed 27 episodes. That would
> be 4 episodes for 3 DVDs and 5 episodes for 3 DVDs. Or are there at
> least 3 more episodes which never made it as far as the episode guides?

Here's my ep list:

* 01 - The Nightmare Begins
* 03a- Parent Teacher Night
03b- Walk of Doom
* 02a- Bestest Friends
04b- Nanozim
* 04a- Germs
02b- Dark Harvest
* 05a- Attack of the Saucer Morons
05b- The Wettening
* 06a- Career Day
06b- Battle Dib
* 07a- A Room With A Moose
07b- Hamstergeddon
* 08a- Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain
08b- Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy
* 09a- Planet Jackers
09b- Rise of Zitboy
* 10a- Plague of Babies
10b- Bloatys Pizza Hog
* 12a- Bolognius Maximus
12b- Game Slave 2
* 16 - Halloween Spectacular of Spooky Doom
* 14a- Mysterious Mysteries
14b- Future Dib
* 11a- Door to Door
11b- FBI Warning
* 13 - Battle of the Planets
* 18a- Abducted
18b- The Sad Sad Tale of Chickenfoot
* 17a- Megadoomer
17b- Lice
* 20 - TAK: The Hideous New Girl
* 19a- G.I.R. Goes Crazy and Stuff
19b- Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom
* 15a- Hobo 13
15b- Walk for Your Lives
* 29b/30a- The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever

Episodes unaired in the US:
* 21 - Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars
* 22a- Mortos der Soul Stealer
22b- Girl Who Cried Gnome
* 23 - The Fry Cook What Came from All that Space
* 24a- Voting of the Doomed
24b- Vindicated!
* 25a- Zim Eats Waffles
25b- Dibship Rising
* 26 - Gaz, Taster of Pork

So, yes, that makes 27 half-hour episodes. My guess is nine half-hour
episodes per 2-disc set.

Ronald Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

Quantum Leaper

Ronald Cole wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> According to Franklin Harris <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> :"PseudoApparition" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> :news:Y2%qb.338702$pl3.30567@pd7tw3no...
>>>
>>> The question is, which episodes? Nickelodeon mucked up the broadcast
>>> version
>>> of the Christmas episode. I think everyone should politely write Media
>>> Blasters and ask them to use the unbroadcast version of that episode.

>> If there are going to be 6 DVDs, then how will the episodes be divided
>> up?
>> On http://epguides.com/InvaderZIM/ I see listed 27 episodes. That would
>> be 4 episodes for 3 DVDs and 5 episodes for 3 DVDs. Or are there at
>> least 3 more episodes which never made it as far as the episode guides?

> Here's my ep list:
>
> * 01 - The Nightmare Begins
> * 03a- Parent Teacher Night
> 03b- Walk of Doom
> * 02a- Bestest Friends
> 04b- Nanozim
> * 04a- Germs
> 02b- Dark Harvest
> * 05a- Attack of the Saucer Morons
> 05b- The Wettening
> * 06a- Career Day
> 06b- Battle Dib
> * 07a- A Room With A Moose
> 07b- Hamstergeddon
> * 08a- Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain
> 08b- Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy
> * 09a- Planet Jackers
> 09b- Rise of Zitboy
> * 10a- Plague of Babies
> 10b- Bloatys Pizza Hog
> * 12a- Bolognius Maximus
> 12b- Game Slave 2
> * 16 - Halloween Spectacular of Spooky Doom
> * 14a- Mysterious Mysteries
> 14b- Future Dib
> * 11a- Door to Door
> 11b- FBI Warning
> * 13 - Battle of the Planets
> * 18a- Abducted
> 18b- The Sad Sad Tale of Chickenfoot
> * 17a- Megadoomer
> 17b- Lice
> * 20 - TAK: The Hideous New Girl
> * 19a- G.I.R. Goes Crazy and Stuff
> 19b- Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom
> * 15a- Hobo 13
> 15b- Walk for Your Lives
> * 29b/30a- The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever
>
> Episodes unaired in the US:
> * 21 - Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars
> * 22a- Mortos der Soul Stealer
> 22b- Girl Who Cried Gnome
> * 23 - The Fry Cook What Came from All that Space
> * 24a- Voting of the Doomed
> 24b- Vindicated!
> * 25a- Zim Eats Waffles
> 25b- Dibship Rising
> * 26 - Gaz, Taster of Pork
>
> So, yes, that makes 27 half-hour episodes. My guess is nine half-hour
> episodes per 2-disc set.

Very nice list, but you forgot the 15 minute pilot episode. I hope they
include that also...