Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars Next September?

Star Wars Next September?

Smaug69

Max Volume <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<071120031826075363%(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Wade365
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > ****ing kid who probably wasn't born yet when these movies originally hit the
> > theaters... shut your gob... no one wants your "wish I was a troll" ass.

> For your information, I did see the original release, but I also
> understand why the Special Editions exist. For anyone to claim that it
> was just a marketing ploy is beyond ridiculous.

He used the money he made from the rereleases to make TPM. He
certainly wasn't interested in preserving and restoring the original
films because he changed them. Like I said quite some time ago, how
more obvious does it have to be spelled out for you?

Smaug69

Impmon

On 7 Nov 2003 11:51:29 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Eric R.) typed:

>ROTFLMAO!

Make it two. And please don't top post.
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Peter

Frohike wrote:
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bof1a8$ba6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I can see it being a bare bones DVD set, just to drive up hype for Ep III.
>>However, after Ep III is out on DVD, I'm sure they'll have a jam packed
>>DVD set.
>>
>>Now after buying the original VHS trilogy
>>Then buying the widescreen THX trilogy
>>then buying the Special Edition Trilogy
>>
>>Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

> Even if Greedo doesn't shoot first?

Thats what the THX version is for.

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the
computer you will find at least two human errors,

Peter

Max Volume wrote:
> In article <bof1a8$ba6$(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

> The year: 2010...
>
> "Grandpa, why do you still have that ancient VCR, and what are those
> three tapes on top of it?"
>
> "Those are the ORIGINAL versions of the STAR WARS Trilogy. Your
> grandpa is too stubborn to sit through a few seconds of CGI so I still
> keep this VCR so I can see the movies just like they were in the olden
> days."
>
> ****ing idiot.

You made up this stupid reply, and you're calling me the ****ing Idiot.
Ah usenet, it brings the best out of everyone. Unfortunately this is
your best.

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the
computer you will find at least two human errors,
including the error of blaming it on the computer.
--
Thats not funny!
---
Signature generated by SillySigz!
http://www.sturec.com/sillysigz.shtml

Peter

ROTFLMAO!!!!

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the
computer you will find at least two human errors,
including the error of blaming it on the computer.
--
Thats not funny!
---
Signature generated by SillySigz!
http://www.sturec.com/sillysigz.shtml

Dick Sidbury

Max Volume wrote:

> Then you have no ****ing clue why Lucas created the Special Editions at
> all, and don't deserve the benefit of all the labor involved. If you
> think it was just a money grab in spite of all that's been explained
> about the reasons for the SE, then you've obviously never done anything
> creative in your life.

Refresh my memory. What reasons did Lucas give for the creation of the
special editions?

dick
--and they have to explain greedo shooting first and luke's scream.

Impmon

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:12:30 -0500, Dick Sidbury
<(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>Refresh my memory. What reasons did Lucas give for the creation of the
>special editions?

When making the original version, he ran out of time and money to add a
few things like the Jabba scene in ANH. But that's no excuse for
replacing some vintage special effect with cheap computer effect.
--
space for rent.
To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

Wade365

<< Refresh my memory. What reasons did Lucas give for the creation of the
>special editions?

When making the original version, he ran out of time and money to add a
few things like the Jabba scene in ANH. But that's no excuse for
replacing some vintage special effect with cheap computer effect. >>

You don't see Sam Raimi or John Carpenter doing this to THEIR films... first of
all I don't think those computer effects were cheap; Let's just call them
"out-of-place"... the stories of Lucas getting the first film (Ep. IV) made are
well known... he DID have a lot of grandios ideas that he had to put to the
block in order to get the film out at ALL... but that's the story of the
business. Every director makes decisions like that -

The difference is, most directors stick to their works and get on with the next
thing instead of contemplating their belly buttons about what's past.

GET ON WITH IT, GEORGE!!! Get over yourself, make Ep. III, and stop if you want
to... OR make the next trilogy (and PLEASE make a firm decision on that in the
next decade)...

Max Volume

In article <bohmdh$i1n$(E-Mail Removed)>, GMAN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Revisionist egotistical bullshit!!!!!

One, idiot... ah ah ah ah...

Max Volume