Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Matrix Revolutions" (minimal spoilers)

"Matrix Revolutions" (minimal spoilers)

Peter Briggs

Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?

Saw it earlier. Was disappointed with "Reloaded", but it's grown on me
a lot on disc. "Revolutions"....man. My disappointment was
exponentially factored, and I can only see it being even more so on
disc.

The entire movie seemed to be an excuse to make a movie about the Zion
dock fight. Everything before seemed like stall-padding, and everything
after seemed like the ending that perhaps ought to have been on
"Reloaded". What happens to "those" two characters at the end left a
sour taste in my mouth (particularly after "Reloaded", in retrospect).
And the Super Burly Brawl? Yeech! The "Reloaded" Burly Brawl was more
fun, for me.

To be honest, it simply seemed as if nothing of the story's status-quo
was specifically resolved, and left it wide open for a fourth movie.
Beyond the dock fight, the whole rest of the movie felt like
pieced-together afterthought, with far too many questions unanswered.

(And, I was surprised that you don't get a really close look at the park
bench brass plaque, which you can see very clearly on the Reloaded DVD
documentary, giving the entire game away.)

Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
for the DVD?

Angry Gamer

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:07:53 +0000,
pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote:

>Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?
>
>Saw it earlier. Was disappointed with "Reloaded", but it's grown on me
>a lot on disc. "Revolutions"....man. My disappointment was
>exponentially factored, and I can only see it being even more so on
>disc.
>
>The entire movie seemed to be an excuse to make a movie about the Zion
>dock fight. Everything before seemed like stall-padding, and everything
>after seemed like the ending that perhaps ought to have been on
>"Reloaded". What happens to "those" two characters at the end left a
>sour taste in my mouth (particularly after "Reloaded", in retrospect).
>And the Super Burly Brawl? Yeech! The "Reloaded" Burly Brawl was more
>fun, for me.
>
>To be honest, it simply seemed as if nothing of the story's status-quo
>was specifically resolved, and left it wide open for a fourth movie.
>Beyond the dock fight, the whole rest of the movie felt like
>pieced-together afterthought, with far too many questions unanswered.
>
>(And, I was surprised that you don't get a really close look at the park
>bench brass plaque, which you can see very clearly on the Reloaded DVD
>documentary, giving the entire game away.)
>
>Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
>for the DVD?

I'm guessing pretty darn fast since this flick is going to tank at the
box office. Jan/Feb at the very latest. If they were smart they'd
release it in about 3-4 weeks and make some DVD cash for the holidays
sales.

Douglas Bailey

Peter Briggs wrote:
> Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?

Well, I haven't seen it (and don't intend to), but I've put some of the
more entertaining snarky-critic quotes at the bottom of my film criticism
page:

<http://world.std.com/~trystero/onfilm.html>

....if you're so inclined.

> Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
> for the DVD?

Haven't heard anything yet, but I wonder if it won't be a longer gap than
with the second film (since there's no need to get _Revolutions_ onto DVD
in time for the next film's theatrical release).

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate...

Nick

Saw it last night. Good effects but not much more. Enjoyed it though. Seemed
like a "let's make some cash" movie.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...