Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Denon AVR 5803 Setup Question

Denon AVR 5803 Setup Question

Joseph Atsmon

I have the following components:
1) A Pioneer plasma display with various video inputs (Component,
S-Video, RGB,...).
2) A DBS receiver with 2 outputs TV & VCR. I can cofigure either
both to S-Video or one to Components and one to Composite.
3) A VCR with S-Video and Composite In & Out.
4) Denon DVD 2600 with Component output.
5) Denon AVR 5803 (recent buy).

If I configure DBS TV out (to plasma) to Component I can only record
video with composite connection to the VCR (due to DBS receiver
limitation). If I configure both DBS outputs to S-Video then
recordings are fine but TV picture is of a lesser quality.

I wonder if someone can tell me if I can work around the issue with
the newly acquired 5803.

I am looking for an option to connect DBS TV out with Component cable
to the 5803 and further to thr display and hope there is a way to use
the 5803 to convert it to S-Video and hook it to the VCR. I need a
solution that work also while I view DVD and want to record a DBS
program.

Thanks,
Joe

Biz

"Joseph Atsmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have the following components:
> 1) A Pioneer plasma display with various video inputs (Component,
> S-Video, RGB,...).
> 2) A DBS receiver with 2 outputs TV & VCR. I can cofigure either
> both to S-Video or one to Components and one to Composite.
> 3) A VCR with S-Video and Composite In & Out.
> 4) Denon DVD 2600 with Component output.
> 5) Denon AVR 5803 (recent buy).
>
> If I configure DBS TV out (to plasma) to Component I can only record
> video with composite connection to the VCR (due to DBS receiver
> limitation). If I configure both DBS outputs to S-Video then
> recordings are fine but TV picture is of a lesser quality.

> I wonder if someone can tell me if I can work around the issue with
> the newly acquired 5803.
>
> I am looking for an option to connect DBS TV out with Component cable
> to the 5803 and further to thr display and hope there is a way to use
> the 5803 to convert it to S-Video and hook it to the VCR. I need a
> solution that work also while I view DVD and want to record a DBS
> program.

Since the 5803 does video conversion across inputs, supports record
selector, and has plenty of inputs, it should be simple.

component out from DBS to 5803 (presumably a DBS/DSS labelled input)

component out using monitor output from 5803 to plasma
As long as the receiver is on, you'll be able to watch or record dbs
broadcasts

S-video and analog audio in and out from 5803 (vcr1 input) to SVHS VCR. Set
vcr to channel 0 or AUX input or rear aux inputs etc...whatever it requires
to be able to record the jacks you are connected to.

DVD player to component inputs/and digital audio input assigned to same
input

I do this exact same thing with s-video/composite(instead of
component/s-video), since I don't have a component capable tv or SVHS VCR,
but it works the exact same way.

While taping, record selector should be set for DBS(or whatever input you
used), it will queetly record in the background, while you are watching and
listening to a DVD

Biz

> Thanks,
> Joe

Joseph Atsmon

Thanks, Biz.
I'll follow your recommendations.
Joe

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<OYipb.203617$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Joseph Atsmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I have the following components:
> > 1) A Pioneer plasma display with various video inputs (Component,
> > S-Video, RGB,...).
> > 2) A DBS receiver with 2 outputs TV & VCR. I can cofigure either
> > both to S-Video or one to Components and one to Composite.
> > 3) A VCR with S-Video and Composite In & Out.
> > 4) Denon DVD 2600 with Component output.
> > 5) Denon AVR 5803 (recent buy).
> >
> > If I configure DBS TV out (to plasma) to Component I can only record
> > video with composite connection to the VCR (due to DBS receiver
> > limitation). If I configure both DBS outputs to S-Video then
> > recordings are fine but TV picture is of a lesser quality.

> > I wonder if someone can tell me if I can work around the issue with
> > the newly acquired 5803.
> >
> > I am looking for an option to connect DBS TV out with Component cable
> > to the 5803 and further to thr display and hope there is a way to use
> > the 5803 to convert it to S-Video and hook it to the VCR. I need a
> > solution that work also while I view DVD and want to record a DBS
> > program.
> >

> Since the 5803 does video conversion across inputs, supports record
> selector, and has plenty of inputs, it should be simple.
>
> component out from DBS to 5803 (presumably a DBS/DSS labelled input)
>
> component out using monitor output from 5803 to plasma
> As long as the receiver is on, you'll be able to watch or record dbs
> broadcasts
>
> S-video and analog audio in and out from 5803 (vcr1 input) to SVHS VCR. Set
> vcr to channel 0 or AUX input or rear aux inputs etc...whatever it requires
> to be able to record the jacks you are connected to.
>
> DVD player to component inputs/and digital audio input assigned to same
> input
>
> I do this exact same thing with s-video/composite(instead of
> component/s-video), since I don't have a component capable tv or SVHS VCR,
> but it works the exact same way.
>
> While taping, record selector should be set for DBS(or whatever input you
> used), it will queetly record in the background, while you are watching and
> listening to a DVD
>

> Biz
>

> > Thanks,
> > Joe

denon avr-3808ci streaming media Zylinius DVD Video 0 01-28-2008 03:12 PM
Denon avr-3300 problem gbozovic11@yahoo.com DVD Video 1 10-20-2005 09:56 PM
AVR core and patents avishay VHDL 0 06-09-2005 01:10 PM
AVR's 2005 Audio-Video Predictions Diane Sherwin DVD Video 0 12-31-2004 01:28 AM
ANN: ESF support for the Atmel AVR 8-Bit RISC microcontroller j.laws@ieee.org C++ 0 07-26-2004 09:46 PM

Advertisments