Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > WS & FS - Same package, different discs

WS & FS - Same package, different discs

Aaron J. Bossig

Hi all.

I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie in both WS
and FS, **but** put each version on a different DVD? I heard Shrek
was like that... is that correct, and what other titles have tried
the same approach?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.daily-reviews.com

Robert Morgan

>I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie in both WS
>and FS, **but** put each version on a different DVD?

Glengarry GlenRoss was released like this.

Bill C

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:30:21 GMT, "Aaron J. Bossig"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie in both WS
>and FS, **but** put each version on a different DVD? I heard Shrek
>was like that... is that correct, and what other titles have tried
>the same approach?

The upcoming FINDING NEMO does.

Bill C
filmfreakcentral.net

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)robozz (Robert Morgan) wrote:

>> I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie
>> in both WS and FS, **but** put each version on a different
>> DVD?

> Glengarry GlenRoss was released like this.

As were (off the top of my head) RESERVOIR DOGS, THE MASK OF
ZORRO, and MONSTERS, INC. And SHREK, to confirm the O.P.'s
question about that.

In fact, with THE MASK OF ZORRO, even the "Superbit Deluxe"
edition includes the second, fullscreen disc from the earlier
Special Edition release.

-- jayembee

Treetop

"Aaron J. Bossig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns9423C4CA44329linkvb06@204.186.201.17...
> Hi all.
>
> I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie in both WS
> and FS, **but** put each version on a different DVD? I heard Shrek
> was like that... is that correct, and what other titles have tried
> the same approach?
>
> --
>
> Aaron J. Bossig

My copy of the Mummy with Brandon Fraiser is like this

Darrel Christenson

Treetop wrote:

>>I was wondering, how many multi-disc sets offer the movie in both WS
>>and FS, **but** put each version on a different DVD? I heard Shrek
>>was like that... is that correct

That is correct, as well as the extras were slightly
different and the foreign language sountrack options
and only disc 2 (the WS disc) had DTS.

Darrel