Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Limited Or No Connectivity Problem

Limited Or No Connectivity Problem

Chuck Hildebrandt

I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 B-band wireless router, a Cyberpower desktop, and
three wireless laptops. I run Windows XP on all.

I had been experiencing connectivity problems between my router, the
Internet and my machines. The message "Limited Or No Connectivity" had been
coming up after the router was running for a couple of days, on all my
machines. When I rebooted the router, the problem went away, but always
returned again after a couple days.

After a couple weeks of this, I have isolated my problem to my router's
relationship to my desktop. I say this because the problem happens only
when my desktop is on, and the desktop is where the router software is
installed. When I leave my desktop off, my laptops can connect to the
router with no problem, for days on end. When I turn on the desktop too, it
will work fine at first, but eventually, all of them will run into the
"Limited Or No Connectivity" message.

I have updated the firmware on the router but it has not helped my issue.

Does anyone recognize this problem? Should I just reinstall the software
over what I have now? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Or should I
consider a new router (this one is only 14 months old)?

Thanks.

Chuck