Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > _Rumpole_, _Cadfael_ titles from Acorn up for pre-order...

_Rumpole_, _Cadfael_ titles from Acorn up for pre-order...

Douglas Bailey

Haven't seen either of these mentioned on any of the news sites I
read...

DVD Empire has _Rumpole and the Confession of Guilt_ listed on their
"Recently Added" list. This is the original _Rumpole_ TV teleplay,
filmed as a one-off in 1975, three years before the _Rumpole of the
Bailey_ series began.

<http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553265>

I was a little distressed that this film wasn't included in the
first/second season box set, but I'm glad to see it announced. I wonder
if it wasn't a rights issue: the box is from HBO, but the new
announcement is from Acorn Media.

The DVD Empire list also includes another Acorn title of interest to
me: _Cadfael Set I_, including the as-yet unreleased first episode "One
Corpse Too Many" in addition to the already-released "The Sanctuary
Sparrow," "The Leper of St Giles" and "Monk's Hood." No sign yet of
"One Corpse..." being released on its own, but I'm sure it'll happen.

<http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553295>

Very strange to leave the first episode as the last one to be released,
and to have Sets II, III and IV available before Set I. But better late
than never...

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

Wild Coyote

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:01:37 -0500, Douglas Bailey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Haven't seen either of these mentioned on any of the news sites I
>read...
>
>DVD Empire has _Rumpole and the Confession of Guilt_ listed on their
>"Recently Added" list. This is the original _Rumpole_ TV teleplay,
>filmed as a one-off in 1975, three years before the _Rumpole of the
>Bailey_ series began.
>
> <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553265>
>
>I was a little distressed that this film wasn't included in the
>first/second season box set, but I'm glad to see it announced. I wonder
>if it wasn't a rights issue: the box is from HBO, but the new
>announcement is from Acorn Media.
>
>The DVD Empire list also includes another Acorn title of interest to
>me: _Cadfael Set I_, including the as-yet unreleased first episode "One
>Corpse Too Many" in addition to the already-released "The Sanctuary
>Sparrow," "The Leper of St Giles" and "Monk's Hood." No sign yet of
>"One Corpse..." being released on its own, but I'm sure it'll happen.
>
> <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553295>
>
>Very strange to leave the first episode as the last one to be released,
>and to have Sets II, III and IV available before Set I. But better late
>than never...
>
>doug

About time they finished the set!!!!! Cadfael is on DDD, also.

--
Still Howlin' at the Moon!

Wild Coyote
wd_coyote@(remove)whoppermail.com

BBC Acorn roms XPD NZ Computing 9 12-22-2010 12:23 PM
Titles after name Brandon Baker Microsoft Certification 14 08-18-2005 09:29 AM
reduce square footage of menu titles? Splibbilla Firefox 0 04-09-2005 12:26 AM
Acorn BBC Master REPAIRS... where? CliveFin Computer Information 0 12-14-2003 11:49 AM
Acorn BBC Master 128 Computer + Mass of software CliveFin Computer Information 0 11-17-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments