Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox flavicons

Firefox flavicons

John

Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

gwtc

John wrote:

> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
> to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

whats are flavicons? Is that anything like a favicon?

John

"gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43a6d3c1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John wrote:
>
>> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark
>> icon to that site, how do I remove them and stop this from happening?

> whats are flavicons? Is that anything like a favicon?

Yes, but they taste better. :0)

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:32:25 -0000, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, John wrote:

> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark icon
> to that site,

That is why they are called favicons (favicon = FAVorites ICON).
They are meant to change the favorites (or bookmarks) icon for the site.

> how do I remove them

I don't know whether the favicon picker extension will do this (I
don't use it).
https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=325
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=617
Otherwise, manually edit the file bookmarks.html in your user profile
directory, and remove all of the ICON="data:......" attributes.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ffbkmkicon.html
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#beh_icons
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...es#Browser..2A

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

John

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) .net.nz...
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:32:25 -0000, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, John wrote:
>
>> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes the bookmark
>> icon
>> to that site,

> That is why they are called favicons (favicon = FAVorites ICON).
> They are meant to change the favorites (or bookmarks) icon for the site.
>

>> how do I remove them

> I don't know whether the favicon picker extension will do this (I
> don't use it).
> https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=325
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=617
> Otherwise, manually edit the file bookmarks.html in your user profile
> directory, and remove all of the ICON="data:......" attributes.
>

>> and stop this from happening?

> . http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ffbkmkicon.html
> . http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#beh_icons
> .
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...es#Browser..2A

That did the trick, thanks.

snapesgal

I hope you didn't actually go through your entire bookmarks.html file
all you have to do is add a customization to the user.js file.

If you add the text listed below to your user.js file favicons will not
show up anymore.

// Disable Bookmark Icons
user_pref("browser.chrome.site_icons", false);
user_pref("browser.chrome.favicons", false);

Lukan

John wrote:
> Whenever I visit a site that has flavicons Firefox changes
> the bookmark icon to that site, how do I remove them and
> stop this from happening?

Flavored icons?