Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Lion King Overated?

Lion King Overated?

Vlvetmorning98

>Disney edited a movie!?!? Surely you jest, sir! Geez, I guess next
>you'll tell me that George Lucas has changed one of his films.
>
>-Eric

well, before BLACK CAULDRON, the only Disney animated film to be edited was
SNOW WHITE (which was for artistic reasons, rather than fear of offending
people).

Sydney Assbasket

>>Disney edited a movie!?!? Surely you jest, sir! Geez, I guess next
>>you'll tell me that George Lucas has changed one of his films.
>>
>>-Eric

>well, before BLACK CAULDRON, the only Disney animated film to be edited was
>SNOW WHITE (which was for artistic reasons, rather than fear of offending
>people).

Pecos Bill's cigarette was removed from some movie (Three Caballeros?) and the
minotaur sequence was removed (modified?) from Fantasia.

Remove "moc" to reply.

Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
revolving door.
- Willy Walker

Douglas Bailey

Sydney Assbasket wrote:

>> well, before BLACK CAULDRON, the only Disney animated film to be edited
>> was SNOW WHITE (which was for artistic reasons, rather than fear of
>> offending people).

> Pecos Bill's cigarette was removed from some movie (Three Caballeros?)
> and the minotaur sequence was removed (modified?) from Fantasia.

s/minotaur/centaur (the hoof-polishing sequence during the "Pastoral"
Symphony segment).

See <http://www.thememoryhole.org/arts/sunflower.htm> and especially
<http://www.widescreen.org/commentaries/2001_04_apr.shtml> for details on
the _Fantasia_ alterations. (The latter site has the original scenes in
QuickTime format for inspection.)

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
Class A, class B -- is that the only chemistry between us?