Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Criterion Tati discs coming back into print

Criterion Tati discs coming back into print

Douglas Bailey

From Criterion's web page <http://www.criterionco.com/asp/>:

> Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's Holiday Back In Print for 2004
>
> At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing its rights in Jacques
> Tati's classic films Mon Oncle, M. Hulot's Holiday, Jour de Fête and
> Playtime. The original Criterion editions of Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's
> Holiday will be back in print starting in January of 2004. Watch this
> space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête.

I'm glad they got the rights renewed, and glad also that they're
keeping the discs the same. (I already own all four, but have no
interest in them as collectables, so don't mind that this reduces their
value as rare OOP discs.)

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:39:20 -0500, Douglas Bailey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>From Criterion's web page <http://www.criterionco.com/asp/>:
>
>> Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's Holiday Back In Print for 2004
>>
>> At long last Criterion has succeeded in renewing its rights in Jacques
>> Tati's classic films Mon Oncle, M. Hulot's Holiday, Jour de Fête and
>> Playtime. The original Criterion editions of Mon Oncle and M. Hulot's
>> Holiday will be back in print starting in January of 2004. Watch this
>> space for further news about Playtime and Jour de Fête.

>I'm glad they got the rights renewed, and glad also that they're
>keeping the discs the same. (I already own all four, but have no
>interest in them as collectables, so don't mind that this reduces their
>value as rare OOP discs.)

Since Jour de Fete was never on NTSC DVD, just laser, maybe a new DVD
will include both the theatrical Black and White print, and the
reconstructed colour print that was released in R2.

.. Steve ..

>doug

Douglas Bailey

Steve(JazzHunter) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Douglas Bailey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > ...I already own all four, but have no interest in them as collectables...

> Since Jour de Fete was never on NTSC DVD, just laser, maybe a new DVD
> will include both the theatrical Black and White print, and the
> reconstructed colour print that was released in R2.

Gaah. You're quite right: I don't, in fact, own Criterion's DVD of
_Jour de Fete_, owing to its not existing and all.

(When I posted that, I remembered simply that I'd bought all their Tati
DVD releases as they came out... forgetting that there had been only
three of them.)

Thanks for the correction,

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
--Eno

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:17:38 -0500, Douglas Bailey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Steve(JazzHunter) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Douglas Bailey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > ...I already own all four, but have no interest in them as collectables...

>> Since Jour de Fete was never on NTSC DVD, just laser, maybe a new DVD
>> will include both the theatrical Black and White print, and the
>> reconstructed colour print that was released in R2.

>Gaah. You're quite right: I don't, in fact, own Criterion's DVD of
>_Jour de Fete_, owing to its not existing and all.

Well I have the three that are on DVD, plus the Lasers of "Jour de
Fete" and "Parade", and the miserable VHS of "Traffique." You could
have had the French DVD of the colour "Jour de Fete."

. Steve .