Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Raiders Jumps

Raiders Jumps

Peter Briggs

Scot Gardner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>but the picture detail and color of Raiders
> is not as good as the other two movies.

That's still a moot point...it's the best image of Raiders I've ever
seen!

Doonie

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:28:12 -0800, Scot Gardner wrote:

> Anyone else notice the floating, oval smears in the upper part of
>the picture that appear a couple times throughout the movie? I wonder
>what they are. I could start looking for them, but it would take me
>forever to find them.
>
>Could those be the so-called cigarette burns which were used to alert
>projectionists to the reel change?

No, they were in the top middle of the screen, not in the top right
where the markers usually are. Plus, they looked nothing like all the
cigarette burns I've ever seen. I'll have to watch the show again to
see where they are.

--
www.cloakanddagger.ca