Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > SSID discovery process

SSID discovery process

=?Utf-8?B?UmFt?=

Hi,
Where can I find some more details regarding the SSID discovery process?
In particular- if probe response contains more than one SSID- are all of
them displayed to the user? Is it device driver dependant? Are 2003/XP
SP1,SP2/2000 differ in their behaviour with regard to this matter?

Ram.

Sooner Al [MVP]

This link is the best description I can come up with...

http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/...Security#10907

There may be others...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)