Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems Returning NetFlix DVD's

Problems Returning NetFlix DVD's

Andrew Schumer

Anyone know a phone number to contact NetFlix Customer Service?
I couldn't find one, and have been communicating via email, and just going
around in circles.

Accidentally mailed back a DVD in the wrong white sleeve, thinking I'd just
mail the other DVD back in the other sleeve, and the two would cancel each
other out.

I emailed Customer Service to explain what happened and they asked me to
mail both the DVD and the other white sleeve back, but don't put the DVD in
the white sleeve, instead wrap it in a paper towel with a note explaining
what happened. They also had me file a shipping problem form online to
indicate the DVD was lost on return (which in reality it wasn't). I did
what they asked.

The next day I get an email from NetFlix that they mailed me the next DVD in
my queue, which usually takes 2 days to arrive, but close to two weeks later
and it never arrived. So I go on the website last night to fill out another
shipping problem form, and notice the earlier shipping problem is not
logged, as if I never filled any forms out.

It be so much easier to straighten this out if I could talk to someone.

Skid

Take a deep breath, Andrew.

You should not see shipping problems reported on the Netflix site because
from their point of view there are none. Both discs were returned to them as
they should have been.

If you have waited two weeks without receiving a disc, you need to report
that to Netflix so they can get you another.

The system really does work. Netflix knows a certain number of DVDs will be
lost in the mail, delivered to the wrong address, etc. They are more than
happy to send replacements, and it won't affect your membership privileges
until Netflix deems the losses to your address excessive.

That happened to me once when new carriers and the holiday mail crunch
resulted in six discs losts in one year. Netflix emailed me to say the
account had been suspended and gave me a number to call. I explained the
situation, and they reactivated the account. No problems since, though I
currently have two discs listed as missing over the past 18 months.

(Note that they only provided a phone number when there was a specific
problem to clear up. They don't want people calling with standard FAQs like,
no offense, the ones you've posted here.)

In your case, your sleeve mixup did not result in a lost disc and wasn't
counted as a shipping error. The replacement disc is apparently lost in the
mail, and the sooner you let them know about it the sooner they can send you
another.

I don't represent Netflix, but I've been using them for several years and am
quite happy with the service.

I suspect once you get over these initial jitters, you will be too. The
secret is to keep your rental queue full so there's always something
available, and to watch and return the movies you receive as soon as
possible to get the maximum return for your monthly investment.

Don't get hung up over occasional problems with the mail, Netflix doesn't.

P.S., complaining to the Postmaster at your local Postal Service center may
yield better results -- it did for me. They were aware of problems with a
specific substitute carrier dropping mail at the wrong houses, and took him
off the route.

"Andrew Schumer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know a phone number to contact NetFlix Customer Service?
> I couldn't find one, and have been communicating via email, and just going
> around in circles.
>
> Accidentally mailed back a DVD in the wrong white sleeve, thinking I'd

just
> mail the other DVD back in the other sleeve, and the two would cancel each
> other out.
>
> I emailed Customer Service to explain what happened and they asked me to
> mail both the DVD and the other white sleeve back, but don't put the DVD

in
> the white sleeve, instead wrap it in a paper towel with a note explaining
> what happened. They also had me file a shipping problem form online to
> indicate the DVD was lost on return (which in reality it wasn't). I did
> what they asked.
>
> The next day I get an email from NetFlix that they mailed me the next DVD

in
> my queue, which usually takes 2 days to arrive, but close to two weeks

later
> and it never arrived. So I go on the website last night to fill out

another
> shipping problem form, and notice the earlier shipping problem is not
> logged, as if I never filled any forms out.
>
> It be so much easier to straighten this out if I could talk to someone.

Scot Gardner

"Andrew Schumer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

After you join up, the only way that you can get the original Netflix
"Join-Up" screen, with the phone number, is to remove the Netflix
cookies from your system.

Fortunately, I wrote down the number.

Netflix Phone Number: 888-638-3549