Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Charlie's angels???

Charlie's angels???

Ski

Where can I rent a widescreen Charlies Angeles/ All I can find is full
screen at Hollywood video and Blockbuster.

Scot Gardner

"Ski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns941DB48EF7B65paulwnospamcom@207.217.77.204 ...
> Where can I rent a widescreen Charlies Angeles/ All I can find is full
> screen at Hollywood video and Blockbuster.

Widescreen or fullscreen this movie is still total, unadulterated ****.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)MOVIE INFORMATION

Prepare for full-throttle action (as well as some good ol' throttling)
when your favorite earthbound angels are reunited in this sequel to the
hit film Charlie's Angels. Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu
return as the indomitable crime-fighting heroines. In the Angels' new
adventure, the trio once again demonstrate their expertise in espionage
techniques, martial arts and disguise. Crispin Glover and Bernie Mac
co-star.

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, More
Director: Joseph McGinty Mitchell
Category: Action & Adventure
Format: Widescreen, More
Language: English, More
Subtitles: English, More

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...27726&trkid=73

Wade365

I read in another thread that it has something to do with the WS being
"unrated"... therefor the religious Right won't allow it in the stores.

Ski

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote in news:20031023212142.09445.00000015@mb-
m28.aol.com:

> I read in another thread that it has something to do with the WS being
> "unrated"... therefor the religious Right won't allow it in the stores.

I sure would like to see it.

Paul C.

Ski <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Xns941DBC993E0EBpaulwnospamcom@
207.217.77.202:

> I sure would like to see it.

I had no interest in it but I was surprised to find it enjoyable. (I
watched it because I had rented it for a family member) Not worth
buying but it was worth my $5.91 for the rental. I guess we're
lucky, our Blockbuster had only the proper widescreen version
available.

Mike McGee

In article <Xns941DEBEBBDD47abcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>, Paul C.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I had no interest in it but I was surprised to find it enjoyable. (I
> watched it because I had rented it for a family member) Not worth
> buying but it was worth my $5.91 for the rental. I guess we're
> lucky, our Blockbuster had only the proper widescreen version
> available.

It was $5.91 to *RENT* it???

That seems really, really expensive. I have to agree with Scot on this
one, this film was a mess. We have a review of this DVD on our site,
but it was just too easy to bash it.

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Mike McGee

Wade365

<< It was $5.91 to *RENT* it??? >>
<< That seems really, really expensive. >>

A new release rental is darn-near $7 here at my local BB (downtown Chicago).
That's why I cut me card up!

<< I have to agree with Scot on this
one, this film was a mess. We have a review of this DVD on our site,
but it was just too easy to bash it. >>

I bet it was... but sometimes a piece of Bazooka is fun; The flavor doesn't
last and it's a two-piecer if you want a decent bubble... but hey, it's only
GUM...

Take Mtv-like crappola at it's face value and you'll find a chuckle, I did when
I found myself in a theater watching the first one (it's a long story but she
was pretty). Honestly, I really DID find myself enjoying it on it's level... a
few funny gags, a few nostalgia tweaks for my old-ass... it was what it was.
And while I haven't seen this new one and I'm not exactly squaring off a few
hours for it on my calendar, I'm sure when it hits the cable I'll check it out.

Films ... no sorry, MOVIES... nah, that doesn't quite cover it properly
either... how about "Flicks"? like CA:FT have a place - Maybe it's not your
shelf as a keeper, but it certainly can take up a rainy afternoon... what the
Hell.

Paul C.

Mike McGee <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in
news:231020032347051088%admin@_removenospam_thedig italreview.com:

> It was $5.91 to *RENT* it???

Surprise surprise, there are other countries than the U.S. & they
can have higher prices!!! Amazing, isn't it ? Welcome to the
Internet, gateway to the WORLD. (which INCLUDES the U.S. as one of
many many countries)