Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Walmart vs Best Buy DVDs

Walmart vs Best Buy DVDs

Jim Fraas

They did carry the UNRATED WIDESCREEN version of charlie's Angels 2.
OTOH I do not intend to get American Wedding there.

--
There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.
"Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> << They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way. >>
>
> Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and they
> flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.
>
> They WILL, however, sell rifles and ammunition right next to the toy

section.

> : )

Jeeters

They carry lots of unrated / director cut titles. I picked up the new
Scarface there. They tend to censor the DVD titles they carry way less than
their music CDs. I think its a matter that they think its mostly adults
that buy the DVDs so Walmart doesnt care so much. But they know/think that
many kids buy CDs so they're more discriminating in which CDs they carry.

"Jim Fraas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> They did carry the UNRATED WIDESCREEN version of charlie's Angels 2.
> OTOH I do not intend to get American Wedding there.
>

> --
> There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
> It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.
> "Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > << They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way. >>
> >
> > Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and

they
> > flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.
> >
> > They WILL, however, sell rifles and ammunition right next to the toy

> section.

Dick Sidbury

Richard C. wrote:
> "Amit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> : Why does Wallmart sell there DVDs cheaper than other stores like Best
> : Buy or Circuit Coty? Aren't they basically the same packages.
>
> =================
> Ever hear of competition?
>
> They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way.

Well, usually. The Indy set is not the same because BB has an exclusive
"bonus" disk. But the intent of your comment was correct.

dick

Richard C.

:
: Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and they
: flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.
:
==============================
It is entirely true.........
There is NO difference between the DVDs that Wal-Mart sells and the same DVD sole any
where else.
It is true they will not carry certain titles and certain ratings, but the DVDs they
do sell are no different in any way from what you can buy in other stores.

Jim Fraas

I know on music Cds they will not carry ANY stickered CD.
As for DVDs,if the original rated version is PG-13 they will carry
it,listing it as an "R" requvalant.
They will not carry unrated versions of "R" films.
OTOH My local store has been good with Widescreen!

--
There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

88 cent dvds at Walmart JJ DVD Video 13 05-11-2005 12:09 PM
The Long Walk Home $5.88 at Walmart - buy one for the next big power outage? JJ DVD Video 1 09-09-2003 04:55 AM
Re: Best Buy No Longer A "Best" Buy - At Least Not At Brooklyn NYC Store Mike & Jane Digital Photography 5 08-15-2003 12:57 AM

Advertisments