Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NEC NVD-34 dont buy if

NEC NVD-34 dont buy if

Kted

This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if you
have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.

Fyi

Mark B.

"Kted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn72ct$e8v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if

you
> have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.
>
> Fyi

Aren't all players locked on the region they're sold in unless modified?

Mark

Mutley

"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Kted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bn72ct$e8v$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if

>you
>> have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.
>>
>> Fyi
>>

>Aren't all players locked on the region they're sold in unless modified?
>
>Mark

Usually at retail point they are region free. Several years ago the
NEC DVD players were rebaged LG models that no one seemed to know how
to unlock. Australia is the last country on earth I think to have a
NEC Home Electronics division still operating