Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MPEG 4 Query

MPEG 4 Query

New Site

I am just about to buy a multimedia jukebox that plays mpeg4 video files.
Can anyone advise me how you create mpeg4 video files or where u can pick up
LEGAL mpeg4 video files to play on this machine.

Many thanks

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:09:08 +0000 (UTC), "New Site"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am just about to buy a multimedia jukebox that plays mpeg4 video files.
>Can anyone advise me how you create mpeg4 video files or where u can pick up
>LEGAL mpeg4 video files to play on this machine.

www.divx.com
http://www.divx-digest.com/
www.doom9.org
Search for Xvid and DivX movies.
VirtualDub is the best general tool for encoding to Mpeg4 and other
AVI standards such as Hufyuv.

Note that Mpeg4 is an AVI format, not an Mpeg format, whereas Mpeg2
(DVD/SVCD) IS mpeg.

. Steve ...