Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Best Online Store

Best Online Store

PW

Just a curious question, I'm sure this has been
asked a kajillion times before:

What is the best online retailer as far as
getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE?

Right now, I don't buy DVDs online,
but if I could find the BEST retailer
that delivers and ships DVDs so they show
up ON THE STREET DATE (or even before),
I might start.

Nothing against regular retail stores
(I worked at one for 9 years...<shudder>)
Just wanting to get some good information
for future use.

Thanks for any help,

PW

Brent Hughley

Been using DVD Pacific last 2 months or so and they have been shipping my
pre orders up to a week before street date. With Priority shipping I am
getting them 2 to 3 days before street. Hope they can keep it up.

"PW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Just a curious question, I'm sure this has been
> asked a kajillion times before:
>
> What is the best online retailer as far as
> getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE?
>
> Right now, I don't buy DVDs online,
> but if I could find the BEST retailer
> that delivers and ships DVDs so they show
> up ON THE STREET DATE (or even before),
> I might start.
>
> Nothing against regular retail stores
> (I worked at one for 9 years...<shudder>)
> Just wanting to get some good information
> for future use.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>

> PW

SoHillsGuy

<< What is the best online retailer as far as
getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE? >>

Provided you make a pre-order two or three weeks in advance, you can try
deepdiscountdvd.com.

About 95% of my pre-orders have come on -- or before -- the street date,
including the two "Dick Van Dyke" sets this morning.

jtown@punk.net

PW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Just a curious question, I'm sure this has been
: asked a kajillion times before:

: What is the best online retailer as far as
: getting your DVDs delivered ON THE STREET DATE?

: Right now, I don't buy DVDs online,
: but if I could find the BEST retailer
: that delivers and ships DVDs so they show
: up ON THE STREET DATE (or even before),
: I might start.

: Nothing against regular retail stores
: (I worked at one for 9 years...<shudder>)
: Just wanting to get some good information
: for future use.

If you'll really be so devastated if your shipment doesn't arrive
exactly on the right day, I suggest you stick with regular retail
stores.

Seriously.

If a couple of days is that important, then it must be worth a
few extra bucks to be absolutely certain that you'll receive it
on the street date.

I don't think _any_ online store is going to give you an
absolute guaranteed delivery date unless you pay for 2-day or
next-day shipping...which will cost more than the additional
markup of a local retail store. Save the online purchases for
titles that have already been released.

Jamie