Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Indiana Jones DVD set at Walmart - 39.96

Indiana Jones DVD set at Walmart - 39.96

Justin

Nullo wrote on [Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:06:06 -0500]:
>>Yes, and all Wal-Mart had to do was cut the workers' wages and benefits to
>>give you, the customer, excellent low prices.
>>
>>Excellent.

> Hey, I don't work there. If it sucks so bad, they can get another
> retail job somewhere else.

In this market? Are you a drug user by chance?

ANTant@zimage.com

D R Ranch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Box Set Widescreen.....take to any Best Buy or Circuit City to match also
> with add...
> Dallas Ft Worth area

Nice. Too bad Eckards doesn't exist in L.A. area (haven't seen one).
--
"Remember, ants are only waiting for you to die..." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)NT or (E-Mail Removed)NT
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )

kaboom

On 22 Oct 2003 03:25:23 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

>What about the bonus 5th disc?

**I think that's only Best Buy. Not sure though.

kaboomie

Jordan Lund

Nullo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> So far this is the best price I've found in the Chicago area.
>
> $39.96 at Wal-Mart
>
> Has anyone found it cheaper anywhere else?

Best Buy had it for $46 but it included a bonus disc unavailable
elsewhere (a period documentary on the first flick.)

I used $7 worth of McDonalds coupons and got it for less than Wal
Mart. :^)

- Jordan

Rick

"Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Nullo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> > So far this is the best price I've found in the Chicago area.
> >
> > $39.96 at Wal-Mart
> >
> > Has anyone found it cheaper anywhere else?

> Best Buy had it for $46 but it included a bonus disc unavailable
> elsewhere (a period documentary on the first flick.)

I showed the check-out girl at Best Buy the Eckerd's ad and she gave it to
me for $34.99.

revoltnow

Nullo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:56:10 GMT, "C. Montgomery Burns"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Nullo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :
> >
> >> So far this is the best price I've found in the Chicago area.
> >>
> >> $39.96 at Wal-Mart
> >>

> >Yes, and all Wal-Mart had to do was cut the workers' wages and benefits to
> >give you, the customer, excellent low prices.
> >
> >Excellent.

> Hey, I don't work there. If it sucks so bad, they can get another
> retail job somewhere else.

If it was only that simple! Unfortunately Wal-Mart (not only the
biggest retailer in the U.S. but now, the world), who succeeded in
destroying the Mom & Pop retailers, keeps on "improving" the retail
industry by "motivating" their employees to work overtime for free!
Come on folks, we are being terrorized not from the outside but from
our own borders! Wake up America, the buck or two you think you saved
today will ensure your receiving of measly wages tomorrow!!!

not@anyspam.com

x-no-archive:yes

Yeah, if it were only that simple.

We'd all be driving horse-drawn carriages, since the automobile put
the blacksmiths out of business. We'd all be lighting candles at
night, since the electric light bulb relegated the candle maker to
novelty status. We'd all be dying from simple infections, since
antibiotics put quacks out of business. We'd all be sending telegrams,
since the telephone made telegraph operators obsolete. We'd all be
reading broadsheets printed in sheds, since radio and television made
them unnecessary. We'd all eschew progress, for purely altruistic
motivations.

We'd all be shopping at Wal-Mart because they have good prices, since
union terrorists unnaturally inflate the wages of the unskilled and
perpetuate a cycle of mediocrity.

....oh yeah...that's where we shop...

(E-Mail Removed) (revoltnow) wrote:

>If it was only that simple! Unfortunately Wal-Mart (not only the
>biggest retailer in the U.S. but now, the world), who succeeded in
>destroying the Mom & Pop retailers, keeps on "improving" the retail
>industry by "motivating" their employees to work overtime for free!
>Come on folks, we are being terrorized not from the outside but from
>our own borders! Wake up America, the buck or two you think you saved
>today will ensure your receiving of measly wages tomorrow!!!

ANTant@zimage.com

> > So far this is the best price I've found in the Chicago area.

> > $39.96 at Wal-Mart

> > Has anyone found it cheaper anywhere else?

> How about in Los Angeles area? Its Web site shows 44.92 bucks but I
> think that is the online price. And how long is this sale?

I finally went to Wal-Mart, and it was 44.99 in L.A. area. Bah! I went
to Costco and got it for 42.99. I can't find any other retail local
stores cheaper.

Now, I need to find free time to watch Matrix Reloaded and Indy DVD
sets!
--
"Remember, ants are only waiting for you to die..." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | E-mail: (E-Mail Removed)NT or (E-Mail Removed)NT
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Nullo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> So far this is the best price I've found in the Chicago area.
>>>
>>> $39.96 at Wal-Mart

>> Yeah, but it's probably only the full screen edition.

> Wal-Mart in Tampa had both versions for $33.25.

I'm surprised. No, make that amazed. I haven't looked in any
of the local Wal-Marts for the Indy collection, but one of
the Wal-Mart's in Southern New Hampshire carried only the
fullscreen version of MATRIX RELOADED.

(In fact, there were three customers -- myself included --
having an argument with one of the employees about the value,
or lack thereof, of fullscreen. The employee's argument was
the old "I hate seeing so much empty screen on my TV". The
fact that three of us mentioned buying the disc at Best Buy
because we wanted widescreen apparently didn't suggest to
him that maybe they were losing sales by only carrying the
fullscreen version. But I digress...)

I'm still surprised that Wal-Mart's price is so low. They
always crow about having guaranteed lower prices than the
competitors, but those "lower" prices are typically only a
savings of 12 over Best Buy (eg. if BB sells a DVD for
$14.99, WM will sell it for $14.87. Big whoop.)

Anyway, I paid $44.99 at Best Buy, and I'm happy enough.
Costco had it for $42.99, but since the local Costcos are
in Massachusetts, I'd end up paying two bucks in sales tax,
so getting the set from Best Buy in New Hampshire didn't
really cost any more.

What really surprised me, though, was that the local BB either
didn't get in any copies of the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA set, or
completely sold out by the time I got there. They had plenty
of copies of the reissue of the theatrical version of the
pilot, though.

-- jayembee

Jimbo700

>>Yes, and all Wal-Mart had to do was cut the workers' wages and benefits to
> >>give you, the customer, excellent low prices.
> >>
> >>Excellent.

> > Hey, I don't work there. If it sucks so bad, they can get another
> > retail job somewhere else.

> In this market? Are you a drug user by chance?

What do you suggest we do about this, Jusin?
Should we force Wal Mart to raise prices and give their employees a raise?
Why don't we confiscate all of Wal Mart's assets and let the government run
it?
In fact, why don't we confiscate the entire country's assets and let the
government control commerce completely.
Your letting your politics get in the way of common sense.

Oh.. and I'm not a drug user..